GDT: Devils vs Leafs - The Grinch! 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Random thought after deciding to watch the highlights. It feels like we’ve given up an awe full lot of goals right after we score this year. There has to be at least 10 times that you can hear them announcing our goal while the other team scores this year. Not that it mattered much in this game but the Devils have been terrible with momentum this year whither it’s getting into an early 1-0 hole or letting the opposing team have a really good shift right after our goal.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Our team sucks... just look at our roster for crying out loud!

I’ve said this several times, too many players overachieved last year and we managed to make the playoffs by 1 single point!

Those same players aren’t repeating their career years, thus, we’re right back were we’re supposed to be.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hugh and Ray make all the hockey ops decisions except when it comes to big money for players, like Hall not Bratt and coaches. Devils team player's payroll is cheap not costly at all. Devils coaching staff payroll isn't costly at all. Major long term financial decisions they are involved with. Want to buy the Devils without the arena, I am sure they would sell. What we see and hear from the owners are words we want to hear and they want us to hear.

There is no proof of this. It’s baseless speculation and runs counter to what Shero and the owners have said in the past

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Our team sucks... just look at our roster for crying out loud!

The roster is better than the on ice performance

a league MVP, a #1 overall draft pick and a RW who is 5th highest goal scroing RW in the league. I also see Bratt, Zajac and Coleman....you shouldn't be in the basement of the East with that. It just shouldn't be happening.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

a league MVP, a #1 overall draft pick and a RW who is 5th highest goal scroing RW in the league. I also see Bratt, Zajac and Coleman....you shouldn't be in the basement of the East with that. It just shouldn't be happening.

You could add McDavid to our roster and we'd still be a basement team. That's what happens with a coach like Hynes and the worst goaltending in the league. Whatever happens moving into next year, even if we sign EK &Mark Stone, and win the 1OA and he plays next season, we need to fix the goalie and coaching situations.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Bratt too that period. The Devils actually came out looking pretty good but made some individual mistakes that cost us goals, possibly goal swings.

Bad teams make bad plays, losing over and over again wears on you and you make simple mistakes

This is what I'm seeing in these "highlights" more then system issues.

Maybe the D-men are jumping into the play too much? Mueller on Nico's non shot? Sev's on the Hall giveaway and subsequent odd man rush. Do we not want that? Is that not what teams around the league are doing? And even in these cases I'd say it was poor execution/decision making by Nico and then Hall that was at fault.

Other then that I'm seeing Sev's get bull dozed, or a one timer from the top of the circle. Not "system" issues.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

Except the goaltending and the defense looks terrible too. Everyone's mental game is plodding and timid. This has become a culture of losing unfortunately.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Except the goaltending and the defense looks terrible too. Everyone's mental game is plodding and timid. This has become a culture of losing unfortunately.
Coming off last season this team should not have a losing culture.

They are struggling mentally, I do agree on that, but to me, a losing culture is bigger then that, and I don't think we are there.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

Agreed, and a lot of the stats even back up that we are underperforming. It's not as if the ice is tilted against us every game.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Agreed, and a lot of the stats even back up that we are underperforming. It's not as if the ice is tilted against us every game.

The forwards are not the biggest issue but the lack of quality on the backend and in net is killing the team. Is there any team above us in the standings with a worse set of 6 defenseman and a worst tandem in net? We are where we should be in the standings and we are at a disadvantage in those two crucial areas every single game compared to our opponent.

Reactions: Taylor Hall and JK3

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I’m getting tired of being told the same thing incessantly.

What “foundation” is being built with countless blow-out, no-show embarrassment losses? What kind of “blueprint” is that?
The foundation is the young talent.

As far "getting tired of being told the same thing"? We were good last year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That article is crap. They act like every time Lou fired a coach, it was a panic move while Shero is somehow super patient because he hasn't fired Hynes yet. Lou gave Maclean almost 30 games which was about 25 too many.
If you are trying to make a Hynes MacLean comparison, it should be noted that Hynes went to the playoffs last year. Team outperformed expectations.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
What does it say that Kink is tied for 2nd in the league with 3 shutouts, but is 32nd in save %?

Edit:Also of note, MAF leads the league with 3 so's but is 26th in save%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad