GDT: Devils vs. Kings - A Marvel To Behold - 4:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, Nico doesn't fit with Jack. Really think a Bratt-Nico-Gusev first line is ideal, as many have said before.

I haven’t liked it at all. Jack was playing better at center with two knuckle heads. Nico was playing better with Bratt and Palms as well.

they should put Jack back to center and try him with Gusev again. They haven’t tried that since the first month when both players were totally lost.

beekay414

#FireEveryone
Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
I haven’t liked it at all. Jack was playing better at center with two knuckle heads. Nico was playing better with Bratt and Palms as well.

they should put Jack back to center and try him with Gusev again. They haven’t tried that since the first month when both players were totally lost.
Nah, play him with Palms. Bratt-Nico-Gusev could be really good together. Find some random LW to play with them. Boqvist, Kuokkanen, Wood, IDC. Just get Hughes away from Nico.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nah, play him with Palms. Bratt-Nico-Gusev could be really good together. Find some random LW to play with them. Boqvist, Kuokkanen, Wood, IDC. Just get Hughes away from Nico.

Bratt-Nico-Palms was working just fine before Palms got hurt. Bratt is on a roll now despite who he plays with. He doesn’t need to play with Gusev.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Gusev deserves a look on the top line again, his play has improved a ton and is no more a liability

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
That's been his MO for a few years now
A)He started this season with 6 points in 9 games.

B)He's been in the league all of 4 years, not really his fault that the team has been out of it by December in 3 of those years.

Reactions: oxman44

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey

Exactly. Put the kid in a position to succeed. Get him back at center driving his own line.

And get a real coaching staff ASAP.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Exactly. Put the kid in a position to succeed. Get him back at center driving his own line.

And get a real coaching staff ASAP.
Putting him at wing with talented players was an attempt at putting him in a position to succeed(granted that comes along with facing tougher comp but that is how these things work). He's been a center for much of the year, given as easy minutes as you can get, and he struggled in those spots as well. Yesterday he had a great look in tight and he straight flubbed it. This had nothing to do with him playing wing, it had to do with him just struggling right now.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
A)He started this season with 6 points in 9 games.

B)He's been in the league all of 4 years, not really his fault that the team has been out of it by December in 3 of those years.

And then a whopping 12 pts in 34 games and a plus rating in 4 games. Wayne Simmonds got a lot of shit but had more points in that period of time.

Since Jan 30, he's got 11pts in 15 games

Not good enough for a #6 OA pick with 250 games who should be a fixture on at least the 2nd line

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
And then a whopping 12 pts in 34 games and a plus rating in 4 games. Wayne Simmonds got a lot of shit but had more points in that period of time.

Since Jan 30, he's got 11pts in 15 games

Not good enough for a #6 OA pick with 250 games who should be a fixture on at least the 2nd line
So you would rather he continue to play poorly? That would make you feel better of him as a #6 OA?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hes a bust as a #6 OA.

Is he serviceable? Eh. If you care about consistency then no. Id you care about PPG, he's a marginal 3rd liner.
So because you think he is a bust you are going to complain when he goes on a hot streak late in a season?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I mean, I get trashing on Zacha on his overall performance because he is a very inconsistent player, but bashing him for his game yesterday, when he was clearly one of the Devils best players was just bullshit. He had a really good game yesterday, the bashing wasn’t warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad