GDT: Devils vs. Kings - A Marvel To Behold - 4:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
I really have no idea what he was doing there. He didn't have a lot of options with the puck, but I'd rather a risky play backwards than just giving it away like that.

He probably assumed the forwards were changing and I'm not sure why they didn't.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
OT consistently highlights our lack of talent and hockey IQ. That stupid shot by Sevs that resulted in a turnover and didn't allow any players to change led to the entire sequence that ended the game. If he just backs out of the zone the team gets a change and that nonsense never happens.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kowalsky being gone should hopefully help our 3 on 3 game also.

It's a well-known fact that it's usually the coach that handles the power play and offense that runs the 3 on 3.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
All a result of the useless garbage shot by Sevs.

I really have no idea what he was doing there. He didn't have a lot of options with the puck, but I'd rather a risky play backwards than just giving it away like that.

Severson is perhaps the most selfish player I've seen in my 30+ years of watching ice hockey. I'd bet you 10:1 odds he's not well-liked in the lockerroom (which was once alluded to by someone). He's well-versed in Corsi, I guarantee you that much.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
3 on 3 is a damn circus and should be shot into the sun so I don’t get too worked up about it. That said, this team is impressively poor at it. Like at least give yourself a chance.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Having been there and done that it’s not the poop on tile that is a problem. It’s the puke on a rug. That stuff never comes out.

Worlds best alarm clock — the sound of your dog about to puke in the house ....
It can be 3:00 am and I am up in a nano second wide awake to rush the dog out .

There needed to be better awareness by Severson and / or someone telling him to pressure Kempe as there was no passing options for Kempe , while Severson played it almost like a 2on1 and let Kempe skate in with time to get a perfect shot off .

Reactions: My3Sons

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Bah the OT is whatever, what's pathetic is the LA f***ing Kings took it to us for 38 shots with Mac making some pretty tough stops and zero support.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
As bad as Nico and Hughes may be lately I am seriously disappointed in Palms since rumors about moving him surfaced. He still looks lost and needs to pick it up. If he struggles all the way down the stretch I’d have a hard time offering him an extension before next season.

Reactions: mdj12784

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Worlds best alarm clock — the sound of your dog about to puke in the house ....
It can be 3:00 am and I am up in a nano second wide awake to rush the dog out .
Always thought it sounded like a ball bouncing when theyre initially starting to heave

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Bah the OT is whatever, what's pathetic is the LA f***ing Kings took it to us for 38 shots with Mac making some pretty tough stops and zero support.
Tomorrow should be a lot better - tough play when its a day game AND on the West coast

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

This is true but our roster is straight up dogshit right now. You have AHL fodder and some extremely green talent out there. I’m honestly not surprised that they’re getting worked, even by garbage teams.

Reactions: JK3

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
As bad as Nico and Hughes may be lately I am seriously disappointed in Palms since rumors about moving him surfaced. He still looks lost and needs to pick it up. If he struggles all the way down the stretch I’d have a hard time offering him an extension before next season.
Yes Palms is very streaky with his goal scoring .
Problem is that if he isn’t scoring he doesn’t do too much else .
Having said that , he is our only real true “sniper” shoot first winger we have .
Hoffman from the Panthers would be a very welcomed UFA signing in the off-season . 30g guy but not sure how the rest of his game is . That and his wife / GF is nucking futts

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
This is true but our roster is straight up dogshit right now. You have AHL fodder and some extremely green talent out there. I’m honestly not surprised that they’re getting worked, even by garbage teams.

I don't know why sending Jack to play in Europe one year wasn't an option. He gets to play against better competition without the contact.

Im guessing Shero and Hynes trying to save their asses.

Reactions: mdj12784

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Yes Palms is very streaky with his goal scoring .
Problem is that if he isn’t scoring he doesn’t do too much else .
Having said that , he is our only real true “sniper” shoot first winger we have .
Hoffman from the Panthers would be a very welcomed UFA signing in the off-season . 30g guy but not sure how the rest of his game is . That and his wife / GF is nucking futts

Praying for the draft lotto win again as Lafrenier would speed up the “re-tool” tremendously .
Forward group would be deadly , MB emerging as a very good goalie.
“Just” need Smith and another D prospect to take a step forward and hopefully snag a UFA D , a good backup goalie (Lehner ?) and next year looks promising .... little bit easier said than done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->