GDT: Devils vs. Kings - A Marvel To Behold - 4:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Do we actually miss Will Butcher?
No, I expected him to be way better going back to last year and he just has progressed. Having said that, over guys like Claesson, Mermis, Carrick, and Mueller? Sure. So I guess so? They all suck. I don't want to see any of our D next year aside from Subban and Severson.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Here’s hoping the Coyotes keep falling down the standings .
Canucks better start picking up their play or we won’t get their 1st pick this year. Markstrom out awhile so hopefully Demko can play well.
This years draft and off season is huge . Need new coaching staff , pick well in the first round , get a legit top 4 Dman , backup goalie

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Bah the OT is whatever, what's pathetic is the LA f***ing Kings took it to us for 38 shots with Mac making some pretty tough stops and zero support.

We're icing Carrick Claesson, and Mermis, none of whom belong in the NHL, we have two second-pairing d (Severson and Subban) playing 23 minutes, and a third-pairing d (Mueller) playing 21 minutes. This might be the worst defense I've ever seen the this team put on the ice. We're going to need to sign Greene, we're going to need Smith to step into the top 4, and we're going to need a strong UFA signing to have any prayer of being competitive next year.

Or maybe Walsh turns pro, that could help too. But yeah, Carrick, Claesson and Mermis cannot be on the ice for us next season. Frankly, it's shameful that we can't do better this season, even after trading Greene and Vatanen.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Our "top line" has generated zero even strength goals in the 6 games they've been together now.

It's really not a good fit. I almost just wish they would shut Jack down for the year and get him into the gym. It's not worth the handful pretty passes he makes in a game to keep him in there. Let Kuokken, Merkley, Seney, etc. play.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I agree, but neither is playing doing him, or the Devils any good. Two games ago he caught a bit of a dirty hit in the zone, responded by kneeing the guy, and then spent the rest of the game getting chased around by the other team's agitated forwards.

Him playing and making mistakes is absolutely doing him good.

Camille the Eel

It's really not a good fit. I almost just wish they would shut Jack down for the year and get him into the gym. It's not worth the handful pretty passes he makes in a game to keep him in there. Let Kuokken, Merkley, Seney, etc. play.
I think playing him on wing is conditioning him to go into the corners more and get his nose dirty in more physical play. At least chase the puck down on the boards. Get more comfortable with contact in a more limited role. This may help him next year as clearly he must get stronger 1 on 1 and conditioning this summer will be part of it too.

Is this idea going to help? I don’t know. But I think it’s the rationale.

Meanwhile Nico has been taken completely out of his offensive game and is spending his time positioning himself for D while Jack tries to feed Palms. And truly - though against poor competition - we’ve given up, I believe, 1, 2, and again 1 goal during non overtime play in the past 3 games. Good defensive goals against there during regulation time.

Reactions: devilsblood

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Zacha with 6 shot attempts(3 sog's) in todays game. Figure that has to be his career high. Need more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad