GDT: Devils vs. Jets - Most Extreme Hockey Challenge! 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
I don't have any confidence in him at all anymore, so maybe it wouldn't have mattered, but even the bad goalies play well sometimes and have good games/good stretches sometimes, so there's no excuse if he can't just put together a couple of good starts soon.

I still think by refusing to pull kk for cory it has a negative impact on Cory's confidence. Its basically saying, well kk let in 4,5,6 (granted most werent his fault) but we still aren't going to put you in. Some goalies would imply that as saying the coach doesnt even think I'm good enough to relieve a goalie.

Big game for cory

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
I don't get why people are up in arms about Mueller being scratched.

He and Vatanen were awful last game. Our worst D pair by far last game.
Vatanen was probably worse but he has more credits in the bank, so Mueller sits.

Yakovlev needs an opportunity. I have a feeling that it wont be a straight swap for Mueller. I can see him paired with Lovejoy, with Butcher playing with Vatanen but with 2nd pairing minutes.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018

Vatanen was probably worse but he has more credits in the bank, so Mueller sits.

Yakovlev needs an opportunity. I have a feeling that it wont be a straight swap for Mueller. I can see him paired with Lovejoy, with Butcher playing with Vatanen but with 2nd pairing minutes.
Are you a coach of a sport?

You seriously see no problem pulling the kid YOU (the coach) chose to force into the role of top pair - he plays well up until a game or two where the entire team f***ing sucked - and hes the first to get pulled?

Talk about some major disrespect, ive got some choice words for that dumbass (Hynes)

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

I don't believe we have a reason yet for the healthy scratch, however if it were to be because of one game that didn't go well over the previous bulk that did, than that isn't very sound decision making. Especially when other guys on the backend have consistently done worse.

Hopefully there is more to it, but on the surface it is fairly questionable.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I always enjoy the marty goal cause I get to see Shawn Chambers again

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Interesting...I was expecting Palmeri to get taken off the top line not Nico. Interested to see what Nico can do driving his own line. Zajac has been great this season, so I don't hate him on the top line.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Interesting...I was expecting Palmeri to get taken off the top line not Nico. Interested to see what Nico can do driving his own line. Zajac has been great this season, so I don't hate him on the top line.
The moment any of this begins to affect Hischier is the moment I really lose my cool

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
The moment any of this begins to affect Hischier is the moment I really lose my cool

Gradually moving the training wheels off in a sense. If he struggles without playing along side a guy like Hall or even Palmieri for that matter, then there is some concern to be had.

If he is ready enough or talented enough, he shouldn't need to lean on other guys in order to produce or be himself.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I still think by refusing to pull kk for cory it has a negative impact on Cory's confidence. Its basically saying, well kk let in 4,5,6 (granted most werent his fault) but we still aren't going to put you in. Some goalies would imply that as saying the coach doesnt even think I'm good enough to relieve a goalie.

Big game for cory

Chico said they stick with Keith because Cory had two harder workouts going into that game and they didn’t want to waste a period for him on they game when he was most likely starting this one.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Gradually moving the training wheels off in a sense. If he struggles without playing along side a guy like Hall or even Palmieri for that matter, then there is some concern to be had.

If he is ready enough or talented enough, he shouldn't need to lean on other guys in order to produce or be himself.
Im fine with separating Hall and Hischier, in fact I like the idea

but Im for whatever makes Hischier the best player he can be, idc about Hall

Reactions: Wingman77

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Are you guys ready?

giphy.gif

Reactions: Take Notes and JK3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events