GDT: Devils vs. Jets - Most Extreme Hockey Challenge! 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I wonder what Guy LeDouche has to say about this.
CreativeUnequaledChimpanzee-small.gif

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'll be at the Red Bulls game tonight so I'll be dvring this one and watching tonight or tomorrow instead depending on my mood and the outcome of that game. We really need a win but I'm not confident in this team getting a win in Winnipeg. Would love to be wrong and see Cory get a win though.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Another bonehead Hynes move. I do not comprehend how you can take out (arguably) our second best defenseman and leave in the giant piles of f***ing space garbage Lovejoy and Greene and watch them get abused every damn night. Honestly Jesus Christ

Reactions: liquid1988

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I mean Butcher has been terrible for the past 3 games.

And gets a free pass. Hynes is absolutely an awful coach when it comes to choosing who sits.

On top of that, You throw a young dman to the wolves in his first game

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The problem with the effort level and defensive woes has definitely been with...*check notes*...Mirco Mueller. :facepalm:

Reactions: Take Notes

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I mean Butcher has been terrible for the past 3 games.

And gets a free pass.

Well you know why they don't want to sit him. BUT THE POWER PLAY.

Unlike last year Butcher's bad defensive play is overriding his PP contributions though. Hell he 'deserves' to sit a show-me game or two more anyway.

Reactions: Cult of Hynes

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
While I obviously would prefer Lovejoy to be the guy rotating out:

1. Yakovlev is a lefty, so immediately eliminate Lovejoy from being taken out unless you really want to start jumbling things.

2. Butcher is on the 1st PP and has a role above playing at even strength that gives him more value there.

I like Mueller and think he should be in the lineup. But at the rate we've been giving up goals, you could point out something any defender has done to justify them being out of the lineup. We've given up 29 goals in 6 games. A shakeup of any kind is warranted.

Hopefully when Santini is ready to go, we'll then see him in over Lovejoy.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
How is the team twitter account working despite the lack of WiFi in Winnipeg? :sarcasm:

Please avenge the loss I flew up to Winnipeg for last year :(

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Subtracting Mueller is an interesting choice against a Jets team with size and speed, two of the traits Mueller possesses

You better be attending this game! I realize you have that, what, 0-8 streak? But they have to break it eventually and they only play by you once a year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
While I obviously would prefer Lovejoy to be the guy rotating out:

1. Yakovlev is a lefty, so immediately eliminate Lovejoy from being taken out unless you really want to start jumbling things.

2. Butcher is on the 1st PP and has a role above playing at even strength that gives him more value there.

I like Mueller and think he should be in the lineup. But at the rate we've been giving up goals, you could point out something any defender has done to justify them being out of the lineup. We've given up 29 goals in 6 games. A shakeup of any kind is warranted.

Hopefully when Santini is ready to go, we'll then see him in over Lovejoy.
Over those 6 games Mueller has a 5on5 corsi% of 50.45% (2nd highest behind Vatanen) with the worst zone starts and toughest competition faced on the team and he isn't getting scored against more than anyone else is (Severson has that honour), so it's not like he's being abused. Scratching him makes zero sense.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the idea that lovejoy can't be sat because we don't have a righty to step in is nonsense. feel confident saying any lefty we have playing their off side would still be better

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Over those 6 games Mueller has a 5on5 corsi% of 50.45% (2nd highest behind Vatanen) with the worst zone starts and toughest competition faced on the team and he isn't getting scored against more than anyone else is (Severson has that honour), so it's not like he's being abused. Scratching him makes zero sense.

They’re not scratching Butcher or Greene, you and I both know that. Right or wrong.

The only way to give Yakovlev a game is to take out Mueller. Otherwise, you’re experimenting with someone on their off side that they very likely wouldn’t want to do when the defense is already not playing well overall.

When Santini is back, he will be in for Lovejoy and Mueller will be back in.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
it's not like being on his strong hand has helped with his breakout passes or puck decisions
It'a also not like he's been defending the front of the net well either. Santini got sent to the AHL when he was playing like this last year.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
the idea that lovejoy can't be sat because we don't have a righty to step in is nonsense. feel confident saying any lefty we have playing their off side would still be better

It’s easy to say that generally, but guarantee you it’s not something they want to attempt to make work when the defense is already struggling.

Like it or not, it’s something coaches consider.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
They’re not scratching Butcher or Greene, you and I both know that. Right or wrong.

The only way to give Yakovlev a game is to take out Mueller. Otherwise, you’re experimenting with someone on their off side that they very likely wouldn’t want to do when the defense is already not playing well overall.

When Santini is back, he will be in for Lovejoy and Mueller will be back in.
You don't scratch your top pairing minute eater to "experiment", and if they are doing this solely because of handedness, that is even worse.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You don't scratch your top pairing minute eater to "experiment", and if they are doing this solely because of handedness, that is even worse.

Yeah I don't get when handedness became such a big deal, it seems like it was never really a talking point before a few years ago. I'd rather have someone that can play defense. Hell play Butcher on his off side at ES if you have to have him in the lineup, he can't be any worse than he's been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad