GDT: Devils vs Jets - Eeyore Edition - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Thats likely what he is COACHED to do

Hischier, to anyone who watched him pre-draft, obviously has stepped back in his aggression since joining the Devils.

I promise you Hynes' system devours individual offensive skill when its not a Taylor Hall rush-style goal

i doubt very much hynes is telling nico he has to pass on a 2 on 0, i mean this hynes stuff is just getting ridiculous. it’s probably much more likely that hall and nico discussed what they would do on an odd man rush in OT beforehand.

i hate that nico didn’t shoot, but FWIW if hall had tapped it back to nico instead of shooting we’d have 2 points right now

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
no one in this thread is not supporting nico or even harder on him than he is himself. let it go. we know what we have.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd like to see a 1st overall pick in the draft pick go and try to win the game.

Not slow up and telegraph a pass to someone else.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
right an entire stat that nico dominates in. he wants to make the safe predictable play on a 2 v 0 and then be superman when he can easily chip it out. he know he ****ed up. its fine. hell learn. im sure of it
but my question is do you actually think an NHL player would chip it out in that situation. he'll learn how to deal with backside pressure better in that situation but I still don't think anyone who gets to see the ice 3v3 is chipping that out of the zone.

anyway i feel the criticism on him is too harsh. 3v3 is barely real hockey anyway. maybe he shouldn't telegraph the 2 on 0 as much but hall could have tried a pass back as well. but without those two the devils wouldn't even be in the ot situation. and this season is almost gone anyway so it's not like not getting 2 points is killer

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I’m so pissed that we have to put up with this shit product this season. Even when they would lose last season it was at least entertaining...team skating hard and fast, would have multiple scoring chances per game, had energy and speed throughout game. This year they just look laborious out there. Like they aren’t even having fun. Trying hard but but trying too hard, like it’s all just a chore.

Team defense has been trash since the day this coaching staff arrived. This year it’s another level down. There are AHL teams that play a more sound defensive game. Likewise the power play is completely listless.

This team should not be this bad. People ask what’s the point of changing the coach when we don’t have a contending team anyway. How about because we have young players who need to be taught the game properly from a defense and structure standpoint? Or the fact that fans deserve to at minimum watch an entertaining product that causes some excitement regardless of outcome rather than head scratching consternation before the game even begins?

Get this B-list coaching staff the f*** out of here already. Enough.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Palmeri is extremely 1 dimensional...People were actually trying to argue that he is a top line RW on most teams in the league. He's good but I would be surprised if he put up more than 55 points on a good year without Hall.

That's why Bob Murray dumped him for a 3rd rounder. He's more valuable to us than other teams with more talent.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Since we got Palmieri he is 9th in the league in goals among RW's. What more do people want from him?

NHL.com - Stats
I don’t want anything more from him. Just saying that he’s better suited as a second line player. Or the complimentary piece on the first line. Which is pretty much what he is with us. He’s very good at scoring, he has a very good shot with grit to go with it. But that’s pretty much it. He’s not dynamic is all I’m saying.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That's why Bob Murray dumped him for a 3rd rounder. He's more valuable to us than other teams with more talent.

Wrong.

He was traded for a 2nd and a 3rd.

And Murray said he had to trade Palmieri, because he felt he was on the verge of breaking out, and he wouldn’t be able to pay him. He literally admitted that.

Reactions: tr83
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad