GDT: Devils vs Jets - Eeyore Edition - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Palmeri is no doubt a top 6 player. It’s just a bit of a stretch to say he’s a legit top line player. He can play on the top like and won’t be out of place. But if you stuck him with similar players who aren’t really all that dynamic do people actually think he would put up monster numbers like a first liner?

Tom Wilson plays on the top line in Washington and he’s been great there. Doesn’t make him a legit top line dynamic talent.
Why are you completely ignoring his production?

He is literally one of the best goal scoring RW in the league since he has been here... .he has scored more goals than Blake Wheeler and has a better Goals per game than Kessel since he has been in New Jersey....and you are comparing him to someone like Wilson as an example how anyone can play on the top line?

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Why are you completely ignoring his production?

He is literally one of the best goal scoring RW in the league since he has been here... .he has scored more goals than Blake Wheeler and has a better Goals per game than Kessel since he has been in New Jersey....and you are comparing him to someone like Wilson as an example how anyone can play on the top line?

But seriously, you'd take him over Wheeler and Kessel?

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
On the bright side, we came back from down 3-1 against a pretty damn good team and had several chances to win in OT. It doesn't make it any less frustrating to lose, but it's better than the beatdown many predicted.

This is always the case against peg. They don't try at all, we try super hard, and they win because they have far more talent on one line than we have combined. The gap in talent between the two teams is pretty much too large to overcome.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
The reason why we used to be good at the 3-3 was because guys like Moore Blandisi Stempniak Camm Henrique would just take it to the net, guys like Nico Bratt MoJo are way too passive for that type of hockey. I want to see Coleman get some more time, and PZ since he has a more take it to the net mentality as of late.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The reason why we used to be good at the 3-3 was because guys like Moore Blandisi Stempniak Camm Henrique would just take it to the net, guys like Nico Bratt MoJo are way too passive for that type of hockey. I want to see Coleman get some more time, and PZ since he has a more take it to the net mentality as of late.

Johansson was bizarrely weak on the puck in that OT, even by his standards.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I get a lot of y'all hate Hynes, deserved or not, but to say Hischier was coached to not shoot on a 2 on 0 is simply stupid. Like it shows how stupid the post is.
i don't really think passing on a 2 on 0 should be criticized anyway. the way he made it seem that he was going to pass the whole time is probably why broissont was able to save it so I could see that being fair to bring up as an issue. but he was so far ahead of hall which exacerbated the situation. anyway it's whatever im confident that those two will connect on 2 on 0's more often than not.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Palmieri has been boneheaded for a couple weeks and I would probably be indifferent on Wheeler. Here's one proxy. On the 2016 World Cup team that Blake and Kyle both played on, they both had 4 shots and underwhelming stats.

Palms can definitely be better than he has been lately. My gripes:

- Stafford starting the Jets's 2nd? 3rd? goal
- Severson turning over a puck to Laine
- Mojo soft in the OT
- Greene absolutely floating around on 2nd? 3rd? goal?
- Wood going for a spill after touring the offensive zone. I thought I was watching Clarkson.

But players make mistakes all the time. The Mojo and Greene sins have me most upset.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
i don't really think passing on a 2 on 0 should be criticized anyway. the way he made it seem that he was going to pass the whole time is probably why broissont was able to save it so I could see that being fair to bring up as an issue. but he was so far ahead of hall which exacerbated the situation. anyway it's whatever im confident that those two will connect on 2 on 0's more often than not.

Um, that's why some of us are criticizing it. He telegraphed the pass as soon as he crossed into their defensive zone near the blue line.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Biggest problems with this team, not necessarily in this order

Power play: It's offensive to watch, no pun intended, whatsoever.

Too many ghosts who are doing nothing this season. Wood and Zacha and even Johansson (he's heated up lately though) were expected to score more than they have. Zajac and Coleman have helped to compensate this matter, but not enough.

Andy Greene: Can't play him this many minutes anymore. I said this last year. If we're sitting here at any point next year where 37 year old Andy Greene is looked at as our second best defensemen or even our third or fourth by the coaching staff or management? MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE, MASSIVE FAILURE on Shero's part.

Goaltending: We're in this position because our ''Backup'' gives away goals like you'd think he thought the team that scores the most goals is the loser of the game. And now we have to play our should-be-backup a million games because of it.

And another one that is a little less severe, because it only happens 20% of the games to this point. 3 on 3 OT is a joke. Never mind not being able to win in one, we can't escape one anymore and get to the god damn shootout.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Was good to see Vatanen playing up to his capabilities tonight, he had a great game. Sucks he was caught in no mans land in OT when Nico got stripped. If we have any chance left this season he has to play like this more often than not.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I get a lot of y'all hate Hynes, deserved or not, but to say Hischier was coached to not shoot on a 2 on 0 is simply stupid. Like it shows how stupid the post is.

Ideally you'd like at least one pass on a two-on-none but he laid it up too far away from the net and skated by so Hall couldn't return pass him. If he shot it into Godzilla's chest he would have been ripped for shooting too.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The problem was not the pass on the 2-0. It's Hall being too damn braindead to pass it back. It's absurd that you have a 2 on 0 without ending up with a tap in or at least making the goalie make a good save. These guys are pros. They should have been able to zing the puck back and forth 3 or 4 times until there was an empty net.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Um, that's why some of us are criticizing it. He telegraphed the pass as soon as he crossed into their defensive zone near the blue line.

i was responding to a post where he was talking about the people talking about him passing it on 2 on 0 not about what happened beforehand. anyway it's not really that serious. these guys are #1 overall picks in the NHL that 2 on 0 there was probably something that happens 5 times out of a 100 in terms of how poorly it was played (not the result)

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I don’t get the Kinkaid hate. He’s arguably been our most consistent player this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->