GDT: Devils vs Jets - Eeyore Edition - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
i dont think coaches really tell players to chip it out in ot.

anyway they wouldn't have tied the game if it wasn't for him so whatever. he'll learn.
no its all about possesion and good line changes.. they played the entire ot tired.. why not throw some fresh legs out.. seney.. bratt... coleman... all seem pretty responsible with puck in my eyes.. more so than hall in most cases..

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Hischier criticism is over the top right now.

Yes, he should have shot, and he did get bodied by a much bigger, older and stronger player in Schiefele, but he came back and negated the 2 on 1.

Hall just kind of floated around.

We lose in OT as a team. I don't know if it's coaching or energy level or what but we look like a pewee team in the 3 on 3.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
when do you ever see 3v3 a player chipping it out of the zone when he has possession and 2 opposing players are behind him. i doubt any player in the nhl is going to chip it out in that situation.

if he had possession he woulda retained possession. he was gassed and didnt have control. judt chip it out.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Palmeri is extremely 1 dimensional...People were actually trying to argue that he is a top line RW on most teams in the league. He's good but I would be surprised if he put up more than 55 points on a good year without Hall.

He is statistically a top line RW, we've gone over this. He already also put up more than 55 his first year here, without Hall fwiw. He's flawed, that's obvious. He's also a top 30 RW.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Nico is the #1 OA pick. He has to take it to the net and bury it on one of those chances. Stop passing up chances.
Thats likely what he is COACHED to do

Hischier, to anyone who watched him pre-draft, obviously has stepped back in his aggression since joining the Devils.

I promise you Hynes' system devours individual offensive skill when its not a Taylor Hall rush-style goal

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Hischier criticism is over the top right now.

Yes, he should have shot, and he did get bodied by a much bigger, older and stronger player in Schiefele, but he came back and negated the 2 on 1.

Hall just kind of floated around.

We lose in OT as a team. I don't know if it's coaching or energy level or what but we look like a pewee team in the 3 on 3.

he overplays the same guys too much.. its on the coaches the lazy cross ice passing is all about exhaustion.. that ot is on hynes.. yeah made a very mundane play and the wrong play but if shoots and the rebound kicks out its the same result.. i wont' kill him ther.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
if he had possession he woulda retained possession. he was gassed and didnt have control. judt chip it out.
what? schiefele took the puck away from him. there's literally an entire stat behind that called takeaways. ot is all about possession no ones chipping it out of the zone.

3v3 is a completely different game compared to 5v5/4v4 especially in matters of sudden death

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Nothing drives me nuts more than saying games are “all on him” taking context of the entire game out for one or two plays.

Maybe, just maybe, if we didn’t come out for the 3rd flat as shit for the first 10 minutes when it’s a 1-1 game, things could have played out differently as well.

Yes the end result sucked. And this season continues to be disappointing. But....well we clawed back from a 2 goal deficit in the 3rd so that’s promising!

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Every game has been painfully predictable.

yeah pretty much know whats gonna happen or how its gonna go down before it does... i didn't think they would fight back for the point but it really doesn't matter... .. we need another top pick truthfully a true stud defensman is what we need.. and if we gotta finished bottom 5 to get it im all good with it..

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
jpeg.jpg

The MSG crew talking about hard fought victories, still gaining a single point and how there is a lot of hockey left to go.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
what? schiefele took the puck away from him. there's literally an entire stat behind that called takeaways. ot is all about possession no ones chipping it out of the zone.

3v3 is a completely different game compared to 5v5/4v4

right an entire stat that nico dominates in. he wants to make the safe predictable play on a 2 v 0 and then be superman when he can easily chip it out. he know he f***ed up. its fine. hell learn. im sure of it

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Lol compare Greene's bullshit interview to Hall's. Greene's comes across as just going through the motions, Hall's as someone who just wants to win.

Reactions: Horus

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
He is statistically a top line RW, we've gone over this. He already also put up more than 55 his first year here, without Hall fwiw. He's flawed, that's obvious. He's also a top 30 RW.
That is different than being a top line RW on MOST teams. I do think he is a top line RW, however I think he is most definitely in the bottom 3rd of that list.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
So what numbers do we need to get to make it to the playoffs? What is the usual cut off? Around 95 points isn't it?

We must be close to getting to do or die mode.

you can forget that.. this team is not making the playoffs.. but i would say they need about a 5 games winning streak starting yesterday to get back into the convo.. and this team is not capable of a 5 game winning streak...for a number of reasons so .. don't kid yourself.. i would love to fast forward to the trading deadline right now.. we need a defensman really badly.. shero needs to be more aggressive in finding this team a defensman.. and big winger ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad