GDT: Devils vs Jets - Eeyore Edition - 7:00 PM - MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
If nico had a smidge of confidence in himself he'd be a 80 pt player. It's so frustrating to watch
tough to have that confidence when your system suffocates any sort of individual talent. Also Hischier needs his own line without a major puck carrier like Hall

People like to ignore this it seems, not saying you do

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Wrong.

He was traded for a 2nd and a 3rd.

And Murray said he had to trade Palmieri, because he felt he was on the verge of breaking out, and he wouldn’t be able to pay him. He literally admitted that.

But if he was so great, Murray would have made cap space to keep him. He's a good top 6 winger, but I'm not sure he's a core piece.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Everyone's getting on nico, yet hes only 19 and at the start if his career. How many here have played in the nhl at 19? But let's all say the game is his fault.... and not the lack d which has been the cause of them losing much of November.
Could've been worse... we got a point.. take it and move on

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That's why Bob Murray dumped him for a 3rd rounder. He's more valuable to us than other teams with more talent.
A 2nd and 3rd and the trade from Anaheim's perspective was totally about financials and an internal Cap Anaheim was working with and Murray said so publicly.

HF boards the birth place of false narratives

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
I mean isn’t it pretty obvious that we are going to struggle in OT no matter what with this roster. We have no #1 defenseman, Vats, Sevs and Greene provide next to nothing in 3 on 3 and scare no one. Nico and MarJo won’t ever shoot. Pav and Bratt get about 30 seconds of time and Zajac is just there for defense. So it’s basically Hall or bust. Every other team has 3 or 4 offensive players that can, you know, shoot the puck. We get peppered in OT every time.

Mike L

Feb 28, 2018
3/4 of this team is AHL skill level players. The coach is not the problem here

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Palmieri is not is what wrong with this team. He isn’t a play driver, but you need a couple of him to win in this league.

Absolutely. He's far from the problem. I just question if he's some sort of player you'd pay to watch.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Palmeri is no doubt a top 6 player. It’s just a bit of a stretch to say he’s a legit top line player. He can play on the top like and won’t be out of place. But if you stuck him with similar players who aren’t really all that dynamic do people actually think he would put up monster numbers like a first liner?

Tom Wilson plays on the top line in Washington and he’s been great there. Doesn’t make him a legit top line dynamic talent.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Same here except we will never know what Cory would have done at home - especially with the way they played the first 20 minutes. He'll get shelled on the road though and it'll be the same ol' same ol'.

Since we're near bottom and on paper practically every opponent is playing better.... they better find a way to squeeze Cory in some wins.

Tonight KK was really intense. Eventhough we lost, i felt Keith had iron will pretty much all game. Just one of those feelings......

Reactions: My3Sons

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Absolutely. He's far from the problem. I just question if he's some sort of player you'd pay to watch.

If that is the standard there is absolutely no player in the league that is a star. This isn’t basketball. Practically no one buys a ticket watch an individual player play. Even the McDavids, Crosby’s and Ovechkin. Players don’t play enough to be individual draws and when they are on the ice they are away from the puck most of the time.

A players value is how they help a team win and be good (that is what draws people).

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
On the bright side, we came back from down 3-1 against a pretty damn good team and had several chances to win in OT. It doesn't make it any less frustrating to lose, but it's better than the beatdown many predicted.

Reactions: My3Sons and R8NJ

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
3/4 of this team is AHL skill level players. The coach is not the problem here

It's both. The team has almost no NHL talent and a coach that can't do anything but exacerbate that issue. Not being able to make or receive a pass, or finish on a breakaway is a lack of talent. Having no idea what to do in the defensive zone is a lack of coaching.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
It feels like a collective move from anger to depression tonight compared to last night. Did we just skip past bargaining knowing Shero won't do anything with the roster until the off season?

new-understanding-the-stages-of-grief-1.png

Reactions: MartyOwns
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad