GDT: Devils vs. Hurricanes 7:00 PM MSG+

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i was ****ing PISSED at the original signing, hated the player……then he was re-signed and i thought….ok, ok…... one more season and he's gone….the team is in transition …...

shero better not! :rant:

I remember when people feared that he was gonna be signed for 2 or 3 years at $1.7 million or something. I think some people might have even thought he would get $2 million+, I might be wrong on that though. Been a while since I read those posts. I haven't read them since we talked about it last February or March. That stretch where Cammalleri got him a few goals down the stretch and Zajac had people fooled that he was a decent defensive player, and even impressed the staff enough to use him as a PKer.

Seems like a great guy, I don't dislike him at all. I haven't even badmouthed him, outside of saying he sucks as a player at this point and isn't any good. I do dislike him as a hockey player in the year 2016 though.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Except they deserve it tonight and for the way they've rolled over like dogs these last three weeks.

Yep. Team is back to where they were last season. Fallen into their old bad habits. Once again, they are the laughingstock of the league, after patting themselves on the back all season for not being the worst or second worst team in the league, they are playing like the worst or second to worst team in the league. Regression in results and in attitude. Absolutely disappointing to see as a fan. Like taking three steps back for every step ahead.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Except they deserve it tonight and for the way they've rolled over like dogs these last three weeks.

I don't question their effort tonight, though that CBJ no-show was the worst effort since some of the games in Western Canada to start 2013-2014.

Maybe there was a couple others since then, but we were out of it completely when they happened. Like some of those losses after St Patty's day last year.

Our PK just stunk tonight, then a bad breakdown with less than 2 minutes left. Needed to at least get a point in this game. And not for playoff positioning, I've given up on that since the Washington disaster. But for team morale.

Carolina probably wants to tank more than some of our fans want our team to tank. And I don't even mean their fans, management seems to want a tank too.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was the 4th line seriously out on a faceoff against Jordan Staal?

Did that really happen? I think it happened more than once. I know they were together more than once, but was it on a faceoff in the defensive zone? Please tell me I got that wrong.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I tell ya, that Tootoo, he's is an awful guy, terrible, just terrible.

And Ruutu, he's low energy, a total embarrassment. He's got nothin.

Stamkos? We're gonna get Stamkos and Yzerman's gonna pay for him.

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I remember when people feared that he was gonna be signed for 2 or 3 years at $1.7 million or something. I think some people might have even thought he would get $2 million+, I might be wrong on that though. Been a while since I read those posts. I haven't read them since we talked about it last February or March. That stretch where Cammalleri got him a few goals down the stretch and Zajac had people fooled that he was a decent defensive player, and even impressed the staff enough to use him as a PKer.

Seems like a great guy, I don't dislike him at all. I haven't even badmouthed him, outside of saying he sucks as a player at this point and isn't any good. I do dislike him as a hockey player in the year 2016 though.

i warmed up to him in that sense

but he can **** off the ice

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Unless Shero literally stands pat and doesn't do a thing to our RW depth, you've got to think DSP replaces Tootoo's role going into next year.

As others have said, love the guy. I just can't stand him on this roster anymore.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Going by what was said in this thread and the score against the Canes, I'm glad I missed this game. Probably won't bother watching full games the rest of the season.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I telly ya, that Tootoo, he's is an awful guy, terrible, just terrible.

And Ruutu, he's low energy, a total embarrassment. He's got nothin.

Stamkos? We're gonna get Stamkos and Yzerman's gonna pay for him.

You know what? I just added $10 million to the cap. I just added $10 million for that. By the way, I have the best words.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You know something? You know something?

If you had told us one year ago, that Tootoo and Ruutu were gonna be worse than last year's Zubrus, we wouldn't have re signed Tootoo and also bought out Ruutu too. And you know something? You know something? Not only are we gonna go to Manhattan Ray Shero, we're gonna go to Brooklyn and Raleigh and Pennsylvania and we're gonna go to Buffalo and Boston and Toronto and Ottawa and Montreal. And then we're gonna go to Tampa and Sunrise too. And then we're gonna go to Dallas and Nashville and Chicago and St Louis too! and then we're gonna go to California and Vancouver and Calgary and Edmonton. And then we're gonna go to Michigan! And then we're going to Washington DC to take back the white house!

YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They have come back down to earth

I'd say more like went through the bottom.

If Schneider plays both games this back to back.:rant::shakehead

We really should play Kinkaid at least 4 more times down the stretch. We have 3 more back to backs? Or just 2? If we can give him random non back to back starts against Vancouver, Edmonton and St Louis, we can give him all of one half of the back to backs and at least 2 random starts. Cory really shouldn't exceed 65 games in a season where we're out of the playoff race in March.

Kinkaid played good enough in his last two starts to get more rope, and I didn't want him barely starting at all up to that point. I'm throwing away that entire Columbus game. Everyone sucked that game and no one was any good, so no use in picking out individual players for that disaster game.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
You know something? You know something?

If you had told us one year ago, that Tootoo and Ruutu were gonna be worse than last year's Zubrus, we wouldn't have re signed Tootoo and also bought out Ruutu too. And you know something? You know something? Not only are we gonna go to Manhattan Ray Shero, we're gonna go to Brooklyn and Raleigh and Pennsylvania and we're gonna go to Buffalo and Boston and Toronto and Ottawa and Montreal. And then we're gonna go to Tampa and Sunrise too. And then we're gonna go to Dallas and Nashville and Chicago and St Louis too! and then we're gonna go to California and Vancouver and Calgary and Edmonton. And then we're gonna go to Michigan! And then we're going to Washington DC to take back the white house!

YEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!

LMAO, settle down Howard. :laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
LMAO, settle down Howard. :laugh:

lol nice

been a while since I've seen a dean scream reference

it was time

I was waiting to see if anyone would get it!:handclap:

I was conflicted on how to spell the ''YEEEAHHHHH'' screaming part. It sounds more like ''Arrhhh'' to me.

I was gonna go through all the cities and say the players we wanted, like Stamkos in Tampa, Barkov in Sunrise, Ovechkin in Washington, etc. Just didn't feel like typing all the names or making the post longer haha.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't question their effort tonight, though that CBJ no-show was the worst effort since some of the games in Western Canada to start 2013-2014.

You're not wrong, this wasn't an effort loss per se...but I can't give them points for trying in this kind of a loss either. If we were still in the playoff race this would be yet another loss to a bad team to harp on. Especially with the stupid mindless mistakes they continue to make in big spots.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Correction: they have smashed through the Earth's mantle and are free-falling toward the core.

He's a good boy, loves Geoff Ward, loves shero, and Hiney Head too. He's a good boy, consummate pro teammate, loves the PP and his one timer too!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You're not wrong, this wasn't an effort loss per se...but I can't give them points for trying in this kind of a loss either. If we were still in the playoff race this would be yet another loss to a bad team to harp on. Especially with the stupid mindless mistakes they continue to make in big spots.

Some of the individual mistakes were quite suspect though.

Schlemko with the net empty, not that we would have tied it anyway.

John Moore once again refusing to acknowledge that Schneider has controlled a rebound to him. Wasn't he the one that got burned on the play coming back into our end too? It's all a blur now. Just saw him chasing up the ice.

Ruutu on the PK was a murder scene, but it's unfair to question anything he does anymore. It's like questioning your grandfather's effort because he can't keep up with you.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
:laugh: @ the Trump & Dean impressions.

On a serious note though, we have struggled to score all season so I'm not sure what the problem is. We were also without two of our top offensive talents. I know it's Carolina, but this game didn't surprise me one bit.

Prior to trading Stempniak, were there any games we played without him and Cammy? I can't imagine those games went well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad