GDT: Devils vs. Hurricanes 7:00 PM MSG+

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Not really the same cause that game we actually had a LEAD with 80 seconds left and blew it. Last night we blew a tie with 80 seconds left.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
This kind of season is exactly the kind of season are rivals fans were hoping we would have.

Last edited by a moderator:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not putting the no tank post warning on every page of every GDT...starting from here it's an instant warning at least along with the deleted post

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Truth be told it's always been a policy but there's been little reason to remind people of it this season till the last week.

I or another mod will post the warning early in every GDT, that's it from here.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Take last night away, would imagine a decent number of these last bunch of games will be similar to the last couple of seasons in terms of us being in the games, goaltending helping significantly, but not being able to get over the hump of putting enough pucks in the net.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
That was Carolina's second regulation win on the road since November 14th. :facepalm:

That's not accurate. Since 11/14, they are 9W (6 Reg, 3 OT), 9L, 4 OTL. They've won the following road games in regulation in that timeframe.

12/11 vs. Ducks
12/19 vs. Pens
12/27 vs. Blackhawks
1/14 vs. Blues
2/5 vs. Jets
3/1 vs. Devils

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That's not accurate. Since 11/14, they are 9W (6 Reg, 3 OT), 9L, 4 OTL. They've won the following road games in regulation in that timeframe.

12/11 vs. Ducks
12/19 vs. Pens
12/27 vs. Blackhawks
1/14 vs. Blues
2/5 vs. Jets
3/1 vs. Devils

Apparently he meant January 14 then...which isn't THAT horrendous lol

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Dano and Cangy saying the goal was being waived off was a horrible job by them.

Our broadcast crew was riddled in mistakes last night.

Made an awful game an even worse experience.

Deb saying DSP was a UFA pregame was a sloppy gaffe as well.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Ah, ok. They've played a lot more home games in that stretch though, I think it's 13H vs. 7 road, but yes, they have struggled more recently on the road.

BTW, I really like your dman Pesce.

Before that draft, I wanted us to select him but they chose Santini instead.

Santini looks to be a good prospect but Pesce will be the better player IMO.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Dano and Cangy saying the goal was being waived off was a horrible job by them.

Our broadcast crew was riddled in mistakes last night.

Made an awful game an even worse experience.

Deb saying DSP was a UFA pregame was a sloppy gaffe as well.

Dano waffled on schlem's free agent status as well, going from UFA to RFA and then back to UFA.

But, like the goal being "waived off" it had little effect on my viewing experience. Would have liked to have seen a replay of that to know what they were talking about, but again, whatever.
March is gonna be a looooong month :help:
Hopefully some warm weather moves in, and then some flowers bloom. We can all go and smell them.

Camille the Eel

Not really the same cause that game we actually had a LEAD with 80 seconds left and blew it. Last night we blew a tie with 80 seconds left.

We have lost a lot of games from mid-Third period on during this extended losing streak. We didn't do that earlier in the year. Proverbial difference between winning and losing.

Also earlier in the year we had at least two if not three late tying goals with our goalie pulled. Again proverbial difference between winning and losing. Or at least a point.

I don't know that our club is that different now from then. In this bad streak, how many games have we really been out classed in? I figure about half we have been extremely competitive with just a play or a bounce being the difference.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
We've also lost 3 of 4 in which we scored first?

This of coarse after the great record for much of the year after scoring first.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Can't help but think Stempniak would have been the difference maker last night however maybe this is a good wakeup call for the team to step up?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
BTW, I really like your dman Pesce.

Thanks.

I was always pretty high on Pesce also. He, and Slavin even more so, have been such pleasant surprises. Both were expected to be in the AHL all season and due to injuries, both got thrust into the line-up with virtually no professional experience and have responded quite well. With Faulk, Hanfin, Pesce, Slavin...along with Fleury and McKeown and Murphy, the Canes "should" have their D set for a long time.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ok, I've lost hope now. The season is over.

I said that after the demoralizing Capitals loss 11 nights ago. That was it for me. They had a chance to start a new run after that convincing Rangers win, they followed it up by not even attending their scheduled game in Columbus though.

The Flyers game after the Kinkaid shutout might have been the turning point. We've one only won game since then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad