GDT: Devils vs. Ducks - Home Opener! 7:00PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
**** all those people that said Hall was a cancer and that he is lazy and a floater, and all the other false **** that people have spread about him. Probably because they've never seen him and don't know **** about him or his game.

He's got this negative reputation due to being on the Oilers for so many years, and all the lack of success that they've had over the years. That is about as unfair to blame him for that stuff as it is to blame Cory for us being trash since he's been here.

After all I've seen, even the way he kills penalties, can't believe people question his work ethic and call him a floater. I still will admit that I don't like him having a lot of PK minutes, as I would rather give him more ES minutes and even PP minutes. But he does a damn good job on the PK.

This whole thing was fabricated cause as you mentioned he was an Oiler and many people love to hate on the Devils as well. If it was true that he had a bad work ethic and was a floater, just look at how we altered the russian's game. I don't question this at all with Hall though, if anything he wants the best for his team and will work hard for it like Parise did. I bet you the same people that said Larsson was a fringe 3/4 defenseman while on the Devils are the same people that make these claims about Hall

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This whole thing was fabricated cause as you mentioned he was an Oiler and many people love to hate on the Devils as well. If it was true that he had a bad work ethic and was a floater, just look at how we altered the russian's game. I don't question this at all with Hall though, if anything he wants the best for his team and will work hard for it like Parise did. I bet you the same people that said Larsson was a fringe 3/4 defenseman while on the Devils are the same people that make these claims about Hall
I also think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Hall was the best player on the team, for all those years. Probably until McDavid got there.

So it makes sense that he'd be given the heat.

As far as the guys in his locker room that were saying it, Ben Seivens opinion is meaningless and invalid. He was literally one of the worst players at his position when he last was in the league. Maybe if Hall wasn't such a floater though, he'd still be in the league, instead of having to play goal for a KHL team in Belarus. Then he went to Montreal and the floater they had there (Subban) obviously made Sievens play poorly there too.:laugh:

My Subban is a cancer accusation was just sarcasm, by the way.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly, I think the "locker room cancer" stuff was mostly just a byproduct of losing year after year. In that market every player is under the microscope all the time. Plus it's easy to say Hall was a problem when you have Canada's lord and savior Connor McDavid to build around.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
he definitely reminds me of Parise with his work ethic to be honest

granted it's a small sample and he was impressing the home crowd in the opener, but he bird dogged the puck a bit harder than Parise imo. He fought to steal it back a bit more and didn't give up the offensive zone press to defend immediately if he lost control.

Refreshing.

OV2 was much the same - pushing the edge to keep the puck in the O zone and firing away rather than looking to pass down low into a dead zone.

I hope they both keep the fire burning.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I never compare anyone to Parise anymore, after saying Brunner reminded me of Parise after the first or second game of the season 3 years ago. I feel like it would be a massive jinx at this point.:laugh:

Although Hall is actually a proven player and has been around this league about 5 times longer than Brunner had been at that point. So I think it's a safe comparison. I actually thought of Parise quite a few times when watching him these last few games. Especially in defensive situations, like on the PK.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
**** all those people that said Hall was a cancer and that he is lazy and a floater, and all the other false **** that people have spread about him. Probably because they've never seen him and don't know **** about him or his game.

He's got this negative reputation due to being on the Oilers for so many years, and all the lack of success that they've had over the years. That is about as unfair to blame him for that stuff as it is to blame Cory for us being trash since he's been here.

After all I've seen, even the way he kills penalties, can't believe people question his work ethic and call him a floater. I still will admit that I don't like him having a lot of PK minutes, as I would rather give him more ES minutes and even PP minutes. But he does a damn good job on the PK.

I also think a lot of it had to do with the fact that Hall was the best player on the team, for all those years. Probably until McDavid got there.

So it makes sense that he'd be given the heat.

As far as the guys in his locker room that were saying it, Ben Seivens opinion is meaningless and invalid. He was literally one of the worst players at his position when he last was in the league. Maybe if Hall wasn't such a floater though, he'd still be in the league, instead of having to play goal for a KHL team in Belarus. Then he went to Montreal and the floater they had there (Subban) obviously made Sievens play poorly there too.:laugh:

My Subban is a cancer accusation was just sarcasm, by the way.

These two posts are spot on. All the character condemnations circling about Hall this off-season seem to be completely false, as many of us around here suspected.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
That's crazy talk. Look at where both players score the majority of their goals and if not for the size difference, you wouldn't be able to differentiate between the 2.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Honestly, I think the "locker room cancer" stuff was mostly just a byproduct of losing year after year. In that market every player is under the microscope all the time. Plus it's easy to say Hall was a problem when you have Canada's lord and savior Connor McDavid to build around.

I think we so often expect hockey players to be model citizens. So when a player does get frustrated and acts out it get's overblown.

Compare Hall's attitude to say OBJ? Kid doesn't look so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad