GDT: Devils vs. Ducks - Home Opener! 7:00PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It is ironic that Hall kicked off his career with the Devils with the 2 most Parise-esque goals you could have while wearing #9.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
He created three glorious scoring chances in the first, but DSP couldn't bury them. He was great all game long IMO.

There were subtle plays, especially in the defensive and neutral zone, that Zacha was very poor on in the first and early part of the second. 50/50 pucks along the half boards that were lost handily. Often he would go for a half hearted poke of the puck instead of engaging physically.

Not stuff where you would go "look at that awful play" but plays that hurt possession. I think he needs more intensity.

His vision was on full display last night. That play to DSP was great.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
People complaining about Hall "forcing" or turning the puck over simply don't understand how dynamic players work. You have to take risks and a lot of the time they pay off because of the skill but sometimes they don't. PK Subban is one my favorite examples to use with this. If you knew anything about Hall in Edmonton, you would know he turned it over a lot simply because he was making things happen. We need that sort of creative/dynamic ability.

Is this example specific to P.K. & Hall?

May I mention Blandisi?

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
If any of you guys didnt remember this, OV2 was the one two have the goal be waved off after Boosh's high stick. So the actual argument that OV2 couldnt be considered one of the best players of the game because e only played 12 minutes of the game and didnt get any points is pretty outlandish to me. He set up so many chances and played great in his own zone. He also has got a pretty good shot from the point

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
Anyone see what the fight in the stands around section 127 was about? Happened during the 1st or 2nd period.

I was in section 127 and saw the whole thing happen right in front of me. The guy was at the game by himself and clearly had too much to drink, he was being an ******* to everyone around him. He called the guy behind him an old pos for asking him to sit down during play and then the lady in front of him turned around and started yelling at him for yelling in her ear the whole game. She ends up taking his phone and throwing it on the ground cause he's trying to record her. Security comes and he resists so they had to restrain him. I had to stand up cause I missed a chunk of that period, I was still able to see both hall goals :)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I was in section 127 and saw the whole thing happen right in front of me. The guy was at the game by himself and clearly had too much to drink, he was being an ******* to everyone around him. He called the guy behind him an old pos for asking him to sit down during play and then the lady in front of him turned around and started yelling at him for yelling in her ear the whole game. She ends up taking his phone and throwing it on the ground cause he's trying to record her. Security comes and he resists so they had to restrain him. I had to stand up cause I missed a chunk of that period, I was still able to see both hall goals :)
Some people....:shakehead

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
People complaining about Hall "forcing" or turning the puck over simply don't understand how dynamic players work. You have to take risks and a lot of the time they pay off because of the skill but sometimes they don't. PK Subban is one my favorite examples to use with this. If you knew anything about Hall in Edmonton, you would know he turned it over a lot simply because he was making things happen. We need that sort of creative/dynamic ability.

I think it's a taking the good with the bad type of situation, but I don't think it's not understanding how dynamic players work. Hall might be a guy who makes more then the typical allotment of poor decisions. Not sure of that yet, but maybe.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I thought Hall and Zacha were awesome last night. One the pressure of scoring a goal was off Hall, he looked more confident as the game went on. Really looking forward to seeing him play relaxed now that he got the first one out of the way.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I think the Mighty Bouch earned himself another game.

I think I am most concerned about his fate right now, out of all of the players. I thought last year he showed he could be a 20+ goal scorer with a full season. I'd much rather see him in there getting minutes than just about any of the other non-elite players.

Right now clearly these guys have spots in any weather:
Hall, Trav, Palms, Cammy Rico, Fiddler

PA could play himself out of a spot like he did on the Isles, but otherwise he's in.

I think Zacha has a spot as long as he doesn't tire. He'll get a few healthy scratches, but I can't see him disappearing. He's doing a good job of proving he belongs.

Kalinin and JJ have roles, so they might get the nod over others - but just as easily might get 30 healthy scratches.

I think right now we have exactly no idea what we might get out of Bennet/DSP - could be a 20 goal season or nothing.

Boosh is almost a sure bet at 20 goals if he gets the time - and it looks like his game is slowly, but constantly improving. I hope the coaching staff picks up on that and keeps him in the lineup.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I think the Mighty Bouch earned himself another game.

MV5BODE0MzY1MjUwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDIxNjEwMzE@._V1_UY268_CR1,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I think I am most concerned about his fate right now, out of all of the players. I thought last year he showed he could be a 20+ goal scorer with a full season. I'd much rather see him in there getting minutes than just about any of the other non-elite players.

Right now clearly these guys have spots in any weather:
Hall, Trav, Palms, Cammy Rico, Fiddler

PA could play himself out of a spot like he did on the Isles, but otherwise he's in.

I think Zacha has a spot as long as he doesn't tire. He'll get a few healthy scratches, but I can't see him disappearing. He's doing a good job of proving he belongs.

Kalinin and JJ have roles, so they might get the nod over others - but just as easily might get 30 healthy scratches.

I think right now we have exactly no idea what we might get out of Bennet/DSP - could be a 20 goal season or nothing.

Boosh is almost a sure bet at 20 goals if he gets the time - and it looks like his game is slowly, but constantly improving. I hope the coaching staff picks up on that and keeps him in the lineup.

This is pretty much how I think it through as well. It seems like Boosh/JJ/Kalinin are guys that will be coming in and out of the lineup this season, while guys like Bennett and DSP will get some extended looks and shuffling up and down as the season rides out, with less fear of them losing their spot. Not as much as the prime guys you listed, but still looks like Hynes doesn't consider them fringe roster guys either.

Unless PAP really becomes some sort of liability and somehow sizzles out quickly, i don't see him losing his spot. So far shown this season he's got a strong command of how to utilize time/space combined with good hands and a creative mind to think it through. Something rather unique to the team, maybe Cammy is the only other guy that can really slow it down and use that space like PAP does.

The only question marks which the coach is placing seems to be over the heads of JJ/Kalinin (who we haven't even seen in regular season yet) / and Boosh. It seems likely that both Wood and Speers will be down to their respective relative leagues at some point near future.

Zacha is probably going to be moved up and down lines as he rides the first few months of NHL play. I doubt they'll take him out just because he's got to build up his professional experience.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
The thing about JJ on the PP though is that he seems to be able to get that puck all the time in the right corner. Just the possession is enough to help our PP. I know he can't hit the net but if he ever does he'll get better.

I just feel like he is snakebitten.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The thing about JJ on the PP though is that he seems to be able to get that puck all the time in the right corner. Just the possession is enough to help our PP. I know he can't hit the net but if he ever does he'll get better.

I just feel like he is snakebitten.

Maybe, but at what point does snakebitten turn into just not having any finishing ability? He's 25 and has 10 goals in his last 123 games. He pretty much is what he is at this point.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
**** all those people that said Hall was a cancer and that he is lazy and a floater, and all the other false **** that people have spread about him. Probably because they've never seen him and don't know **** about him or his game.

He's got this negative reputation due to being on the Oilers for so many years, and all the lack of success that they've had over the years. That is about as unfair to blame him for that stuff as it is to blame Cory for us being trash since he's been here.

After all I've seen, even the way he kills penalties, can't believe people question his work ethic and call him a floater. I still will admit that I don't like him having a lot of PK minutes, as I would rather give him more ES minutes and even PP minutes. But he does a damn good job on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad