GDT: Devils vs. Canadiens - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I saw Lindgren shut out Philly last week.

He's a solid goalie prospect.
Done done done, another goalie becomes a bust, done done done, another goalie becomes a bust. And another ones done, another ones done, another goalie becomes a bust. HEY! DD’s gonna jinx ya too, another goalie becomes a bust!

But even Wedgewood shut us out, so maybe he has his moment before that, but this will eventually activate the bust mode for this guy. It never fails.

Reactions: JK3

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
When a rookie who fell off the cliff weeks ago is third on the team in points, there's a problem. We aren't going to win many games with 1 or 2 goals per. It just isn't going to happen especially with the next 8 after tonight - WPG, NSH, VGK, LAK, ANA, SJS, PIT, TBL.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
things im hoping to see tonight -

-wood responding to being dropped to the fourth line and getting his intensity back. is not as effective when he's playing cautious. needs to be a bull in a china shop
-bratt having a bounce back game after taking a mental breather and knowing that his spot isn't safe
-grabner busting out and scoring a goal finally. he can't miss breakaways forever, can he?
-kinkaid keeping up the good work and hopefully lighting a fire under cory that he can't let his mental lapses cost the team games anymore
-just a single goal from the 2nd-4th lines or one that isn't scored or assisted by hall
- 2pts
Fixed ;)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I like tonight’s forward lines a lot.

But Greene still on the top pair is unacceptable IMO.
Does not matter. Greene Moore Butcher Mueller will all struggle getting first pairing minutes. I'd rather it Greene so guys like Moore and Butcher can use their offensive tools against weaker competition.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
It's too bad we never experimented with moving Vats or Severson to the left side and having them as the top pair before crunch time.

On the other hand, it would have involved benching Green, which would never happen.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Bratt back on the top line

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Does not matter. Greene Moore Butcher Mueller will all struggle getting first pairing minutes. I'd rather it Greene so guys like Moore and Butcher can use their offensive tools against weaker competition.
Well I disagree somewhat.

I agree all would struggle in that top pair spot. But where I disagree is Greene isnt fast enough to handle most top lines and he is older so he likely loses his energy faster. If all arent capable Id rather Greene play bottom 4 minutes and stay rested for PK time. Let Moore play top pair - as much as i dont want him here next year he at least has the speed and the youth to keep up.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Good that Bratt is on the top line now...well, more that Palmieri is off of it. He's the only one that's been scoring at a good pace over the last ~20 games beside Hall. With the way Hall's been playing you can just put him out there with Boyle and Colman and he'd still put up points. Need to find some way to get scoring out of the 2nd/3rd lines.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Making the trek up from Philly. Snow isn't expected to start til midnight in Philly (and even later.. 2AM.. in the Newark area), so I'm hoping my timing links up just right.

Lets ****ing go Devils. Anything short of a regulation win is unacceptable.

Reactions: mtnet and Bleedred

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
I want Mueller in, there's no reason for LJ to play over Mueller. IDC what Hynes says in his press conferences, he has no credibility whatsoever when he makes that kind of decisions

Reactions: newjerseydamo

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
KK will either play like a rejuvenated Martin Brodeur or he will play, like Bleed's favorite goaltender, Darling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad