GDT: Devils vs. Canadiens - 7:00 PM MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
And who knew the way to get MoJo to actually play well for once is to have a bunch of his family at the game.

Hynes should confiscate their passports so they can't return to Sweden.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
I've always liked Coleman's game, but seems like he's hitting another level this season. Been really impressed with him.

Wood has been a bit disappointing thus far but he's still generating plenty of shots even mostly playing on the fourth line...guy is stuck shooting like 2.3%. Not worried about him long term.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
PZ and MarJo had great games.
Hope it continues, we need them to

On the other hand Wood continues to disappoint
He has so much trouble in the defensive zone and he's not a factor with the puck anymore.

Solid win in spite of Kink looking shaky

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Just got back from the game. I just want to say I really like Yakovlev from what I saw from him tonight. I think he has potential to be a good player for us. He made one questionable decision with the puck, but other than that he made the smart play every time
Yakovlev definitely had some adjusting to do early on. Initially, in pre-season, he was caught a few times where he obviously underestimated the opponent's speed. He seems to be adjusting well, and you can see him get noticeably better each game.

Reactions: My3Sons

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
PZ and MarJo had great games.
Hope it continues, we need them to

On the other hand Wood continues to disappoint
He has so much trouble in the defensive zone and he's not a factor with the puck anymore.

Solid win in spite of Kink looking shaky

in spite of? he allowed 2 goals on 26 shots and one was a fluke goal. first goal was soft but not absolute garbage. goaltending was a non-issue. wish schneider would have started so he can finally get a win.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
in spite of? he allowed 2 goals on 26 shots and one was a fluke goal. first goal was soft but not absolute garbage. goaltending was a non-issue. wish schneider would have started so he can finally get a win.

He was shaky, fortunate of a few posts and questionable waved off goal

But got the win

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
He was shaky, fortunate of a few posts and questionable waved off goal

But got the win

will take a .923 save % and 2GAA with being shaky and getting the win every day of the week.

goaltending was a non-issue. shouldn't even be brought up especially considering the nature of the second goal.

SETHROLLINS

Mar 2, 2011
I wish they still would broadcast the games on WFAN or some real radio station instead of streaming only

Same...I enjoyed the post-game on the ride home and I wish they would setup wi-fi in the arena. My service is worthless during intermissions at games.

Reactions: Billdo

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Coleman might end up being the top six player people expected of Wood.

Love Coleman, but don't write Wood off just yet.

He's definitely fighting the puck right now, but he's shooting 2.3%. He's tied for fourth on the team in shots.

It'll go in for him eventually.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Wood's been like 16-17 liability level or anything, he's just been there. More invisible than anything, except when he's falling down like Clarkson.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Love Coleman, but don't write Wood off just yet.

He's definitely fighting the puck right now, but he's shooting 2.3%. He's tied for fourth on the team in shots.

It'll go in for him eventually.
He’s shooting 2.3% because his quality of shots have been abysmal, he is rarely getting any good chances. That is not good and will not change if he doesn’t smarten up.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He’s shooting 2.3% because his quality of shots have been abysmal, he is rarely getting any good chances. That is not good and will not change if he doesn’t smarten up.
I don’t disagree with this. Since his last and only goal this season, I can think of maybe 2-3 dangerous chances. He had a breakaway once or twice and maybe one other good chance. With what he’s doing now, you’d have to hope the goalie either falls asleep or that one of his shots hits a shinpad or opponents stick and goes in or someone else’s shot hits him and goes in.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
Nice to see the team play up to thei potential. Hope Hynes can keep this up. Also have been impressed with Yakolev sofar (also in last game). Wouldnt send him down when Vatanen returns.

LoktionovMVP

Nov 1, 2018
also, hats off to mojo who has caused me to lose multiple hours of sleep for a whole year now. please dont go back to being nojo anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad