GDT: Devils vs Bruins and Canadiens - Preseason - 7:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
THIS. When Wood plays well, the Devils play well. I can't understand how some don't see his value to this team.

While i bashed his hockey sense, It wasnt meant to say Wood doesnt belong on the team or that what he bring isnt needed. its about him playing in the right role. That role is currently not with 2 players like Hughes and Goose.

I agree 100% this style and game is needed for the Devils but in a bottom six role. It was just a preseason game and he only jumped up because of injury, i get that also. Just a observation that i noticed.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I think they should either put Zacha or Palmieri next to Gusev-Hughes. I think Palms would be good for that line but if they intend to keep him with Nico/Hall I rather they put Zacha than Simmonds there.
I like the Boqvist-Zajac-Bratt idea too

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
While i bashed his hockey sense, It wasnt meant to say Wood doesnt belong on the team or that what he bring isnt needed. its about him playing in the right role. That role is currently not with 2 players like Hughes and Goose.

I agree 100% this style and game is needed for the Devils but in a bottom six role. It was just a preseason game and he only jumped up because of injury, i get that also. Just a observation that i noticed.
Wood wasn't on a line with Jack and Goose (there has to be a nickname for those two around that) for chemistry but as muscle. When the season starts expect Wayne Simmonds to be on there, you think they're going to let the kid out there without protection?

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Wood wasn't on a line with Jack and Goose (there has to be a nickname for those two around that) for chemistry but as muscle. When the season starts expect Wayne Simmonds to be on there, you think they're going to let the kid out there without protection?

I agree, again I was just highlighting the fact that Wood is a player that will not work. That is all. I understand why he was there tonight.

Reactions: Ronnie Bass

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
How did Conor Carrick play?

I have a feeling Hynes likes him in the lineup and Smith may need to wait 1 more year.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Also apparently some Bruins fans on reddit were complaining about Subban being so excited.

That man can motivate too. Maybe he can try that schtick with Zacha.

"I hear it takes you around 16 games to get an assist.... Be a team player son, or are you greedy... Do you want more?"

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
How did Conor Carrick play?

I have a feeling Hynes likes him in the lineup and Smith may need to wait 1 more year.
Pretty good, his goal seemed like it was shoot out of a cannon. Was on the ice when the Bruins scored to tie it, that was a team mess.

EDIT: I missed last part, I be shocked if Smith doesn't make the team.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
I think they should either put Zacha or Palmieri next to Gusev-Hughes. I think Palms would be good for that line but if they intend to keep him with Nico/Hall I rather they put Zacha than Simmonds there.
I like the Boqvist-Zajac-Bratt idea too

I could see them giving Palms a look with Hughes and Goose. Especially if Bratt starts hot because they will want him on the ice more.

Hall Nico Bratt - We know this can work, not as well as Palms but still be good.

Goose Hughes Palmieri - Just remember just because we think it will work doesn’t mean it will see Grabner.

Boqvist Zajac Simmonds - That’s a good 3rd line nice balance

Wood Zacha Coleman- that’s a 4th line that could do some serious damage and is a match up nightmare for most teams not named Tampa.

During certain games Boqvist rest Hayden plays 4th RW and Coleman or Zacha moves up.

EDIT: Moral of the story is there are lots and lots of possible options for the lines. Things will be tried, injuries will force things together. But I think it’s pretty clear that when your 4th line is made of guys who can all be middle 6 guys if needed your in great shape.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I still don’t get why people keep wanting to shoehorn Zacha into a role on his off wing he isn’t suited or shown capable of handling.

Simmonds at least has experience being successful with high IQ guys.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think it's pretty obvious that the 1st choice for Hynes is Simmonds on 2nd line, so no point of even discussing that. ;) Might as well discuss alternatives if Simmonds doesn't work out.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I still don’t get why people keep wanting to shoehorn Zacha into a role on his off wing he isn’t suited or shown capable of handling.

Simmonds at least has experience being successful with high IQ guys.

Simmonds will pot garbage goals those two feed him all day. Just have to hope he can keep up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad