GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
2nd period was an improvement on the 1st period, though it still wasn't good and we gave up 2 goals.

Reactions: TheDuke93

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
Why do the Bruins get to just repeatedly cross check and trip Devils players with literally 0 risk of them getting a penalty called? We have been absolutely outplayed this entire game but Bastian gets cross checked once then 3 more times while on the ice like wtf is that? Nico pokes a puck and starts skating up the ice and Bruin just swings his stick wildly and trips him with no call? Like sure I don't think we win this game even with the calls but give me a f***ing break.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Why do the Bruins get to just repeatedly cross check and trip Devils players with literally 0 risk of them getting a penalty called? We have been absolutely outplayed this entire game but Bastian gets cross checked once then 3 more times while on the ice like wtf is that? Nico pokes a puck and starts skating up the ice and Bruin just swings his stick wildly and trips him with no call? Like sure I don't think we win this game even with the calls but give me a f***ing break.

The Ritchie goal was able to happen because Coyle's trip on Kuokkanen went uncalled

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Reality check, those three Flyers games were fun at least. As long as the Devils score like 8+ more goals in the next 4.3333 games I think I won't freak out.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
No they definintely weren't. Those games were mostly competitive and we got the better of the play at times.

The Bs are way better than the rags and need this win to clinch a playoff birth. You could see this result coming from a mile away. It's just an indication of the gap between these two teams. One is a playoff contender and one is bottom 5. Losing to the rags over and over is worse because they are both a rival and much closer to our level.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
NHL officiating is both incompetent and has been demonstrated to be manipulating games. If the league cared about good officiating they would do something about it, instead a guy who pressured referees into calling fewer penalties against his son is still running the show and claiming officiating is fine.

Camille the Eel

The Bruins are playing amazing, in fairness. The precision of passing, the will to win just about every 50/50 sitution...it's impressive.
We aren't catching them flat or by surprise in this one. We've played them very tough this year and last time almost won two or three straight, I can't remember. They are looking to clinch their playoff spot tonight. Plus the addition of Hall and Smith stepping up as he has in the second part of the season on Krecji's wing mean that the B's are a better club than earlier in the season too. They are peaking at the right time. If Rask can play his A game they will be trouble for any playoff matchup.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The Bs are way better than the rags and need this win to clinch a playoff birth. You could see this result coming from a mile away. It's just an indication of the gap between these two teams. One is a playoff contender and one is bottom 5. Losing to the rags over and over is worse because they are both a rival and much closer to our level.

50-21 shot attempts. 37-9 shots on goal. 36-11 scoring chances. 12-1 high danger shot attempts. 3.04-0.58 expected goals. You cannot seriously tell me any of those games were worse than this shit show

Reactions: TheDuke93

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
This is one of those: "look how far we need to go to become relevant" games.

The physical play has taken nico's line out of their game, kept hughes line from being effective and made it dangerous to put boqvist's line on the ice as they've all gotten killed at some point. 4th line is at least having some impact but they are also outclassed. Smith and Bahl look ok but our other pairings are having some moments.

Long way to go, but maybe we get some pushback in the third.

Reactions: Billdo and RNCDevil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad