GDT: Devils vs. Bruins - 7:00 PM - MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Boston is on another level but we already knew that. Even in our wins against them, they’ve piled the shots on and we’ve gotten by with stellar goaltending and timely goal scoring.

Hope that we can come out flying tomorrow. We’re reaching that inevitable sorrow that is no Devils hockey by next week. :(

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Any loss to the rags is worse than any other loss be default.

Again, the Bs are just this much better than us. The rags are not 4 in a row against us better than us.

You wouldn’t think it by the other Bruins games this year but yeah a team of fetuses playing a good team that can see the finish line wasn’t going to end well. Glad they kept Blackwood out of this one.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Boston is on another level but we already knew that. Even in our wins against them, they’ve piled the shots on and we’ve gotten by with stellar goaltending and timely goal scoring.

Hope that we can come out flying tomorrow. We’re reaching that inevitable sorrow that is no Devils hockey by next week. :(

Boston is going to have a post clinching letdown while we’re playing our last home game of the season. If we’re not at least competitive tomorrow you can pretty much dismiss last week as a fluke.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
What game are you watching? Every time Shara touches the puck he's got alligator arms. Just like against Washington. Kuokk, Bratt, Zacha all are getting rid of the puck without making a play for fear of getting hit. Greer just ran somebody because he and like 4 other guys got plowed. Hishier has been ragsolled most shifts.
Eh agree to disagree, we aren't completing any passes. Everything is off from the guys the second the puck dropped. They are just playing like dog shit. You can say its because of physical play I don't think it had any effect on this game.

Reactions: Oneiro

Camille the Eel

They dominated the neutral zone tonight and gave us no space and time almost all evening.

I like how Ruff has us playing a system and you can see how it's good for interchangeable players, everyone knows what's expected of them. But we've been very soft in the neutral zone consistently this year. That's where we need to tighten up the 5 on 5 play pretty much all the time. Our D backs in and doesn't stand up in center ice.

But Boston just wanted this one so much more than we did too. I wouldn't call it a weak effort by us, the digging was there. But it wasn't exactly what you'd call high intensity to fight our way into the net mouth and Boston was both better than us and more focused too. Face it, we're beat and coming to the end of a long season. We had our little party against Philly but tonight was a different game entirely.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
One to forget. Not really crisp from puck drop.

I hope one day this group will learn to shut things down the way Boston currently does it. Kind of masterful.

Reactions: TheDuke93

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Sabres and Senators won. Columbus is in OT...so there's that I guess.
71172679.jpg

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Eh agree to disagree, we aren't completing any passes. Everything is off from the guys the second the puck dropped. They are just playing like dog shit. You can say its because of physical play I don't think it had any effect on this game.

Wow. I think physical play was the main reason we don't complete passes. It looked like ice capades out there against the Flyers. Bruins mashed us from the faceoff. Wood limped back on the first shift because of McAvoy. Greer got railroaded making a play to get it out of the zone. Boqvist almost lost his knee.

Cheap dirty crap, and big hits. Pretty much made all of our skill players invisible. Zero shots for Rango this game. First time that happened in 10 games - third time ALL season - one of the others was also against Boston. He had 40 sog in April. He wiffed every time he touched the puck because someone was coming.

Zero shots for Jesper Bratt. Same reason. That's happened three times. Other times against WSH. See a trend?

One shot by Hughes. 1 or less has only happened a handfull of times. Rags, Isles, WSH, Boston.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad