GDT: Devils vs. Avalanche - WWE Night - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
OK... I just spent WAY more time on this than I care to admit, but...

2kfjop.gif

*I* think it was worth it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is fair but it’s not like he’s really flashed. I think his leash is short because of other issues (coming out of shape doesn’t help.)
I think his leash is also short because I still don't believe that management sees him as a future piece to this team, which I've maintained since some point last season, even though I've always thought he could be a decent NHL player.

I think they couldn't keep him off the team this year, with the preseason he had, but I always figured he'd be a threat to be sat (or even sent down) if he wasn't scoring some points.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
JQ hasn't been bad but I really haven't even noticed him out there at all, he's barely touched the puck. Every other forward on the team has had a noticeable impact in at least one game or more. Not necessarily racking up points but doing something, whether it be getting pucks to the net, getting or creating chances, causing some chaos, working hard defensively. He's kind of just been. . . there, which ironically is Stafford's thing lol.

Reactions: HBK27

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
JQ seems to bring a useful element on the ice and in the room. i hope he can find his way back to the lineup

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
On Quenneville, all I will say is 4 games might be one of the shortest leashes Ive ever seen for a 22 year old rookie with 18 games of NHL experience on a team that is 4-0.

Well how many times has that exact scenario played out? I need context here

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
He was in excellent shape this year...last year he wasn't.

That’s what I meant. I don’t think it left s great feeling among the decision makers. I like JQ, I think the new staff hasn’t given him a chance because he’s not their guy.

DeVols

#VFL
Jan 31, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Do they have those Devils vs Everybody sweatshirts the Butcher was wearing in that interview for sale? I don't think I've seen those before.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
That’s what I meant. I don’t think it left s great feeling among the decision makers. I like JQ, I think the new staff hasn’t given him a chance because he’s not their guy.
I really hope that is not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad