Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
if stafford scores a goal tonight this place is gonna break

I wouldn’t be surprised if he does.

Stafford was dangerously close to being completely released from the organization. He could very well be unemployed right now, but he had a couple bounces go his way, and now he has a contract.

He must realize these are the last gasps of air for his career. I expect him to come ready to contribute tonight, and hopefully it translates.

Reactions: New Jersey

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
What did you even ask again? I just hate the idea of putting someone just as useless exceptnolder and slower in the lineup. Guess I’m crazy
But the team is plenty fast and plenty young with Stafford in the lineup.

And there are other aspects to the game.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
What has Q done to deserve not being taken out?
I get what you’re saying but I’ll reiterate, it’s the fact that he hasn’t been making mistakes and the team is 4-0. Hell more than likely be sent down when bratt comes back so it won’t matter much anyway.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I don't understand why it's so difficult to see why JQ is out, he's done jack shit. Hynes wants to get that line going, it's supposed to be our second line but they're not scoring. We cant count on the bottom six to keep putting up goals every game. Stafford's had a little chemistry with Zacha, hopefully he can gain some scoring touch with Zacha and Mojo feeding him. They said it a million times during Behind the Glass, JQ made the team. . .for now, he has to keep working to stay there.

Reactions: HBK27 and Darkauron

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I wouldn’t be surprised if he does.

Stafford was dangerously close to being completely released from the organization. He could very well be unemployed right now, but he had a couple bounces go his way, and now he has a contract.

He must realize these are the last gasps of air for his career. I expect him to come ready to contribute tonight, and hopefully it translates.

And hopefully this lights a fire under Qs ass and he realizes he can be sent down as soon as Bratt is back.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
You're not answering the question...

Ok here’s my old man ramblings on the subject.....

JQ has not been horrible to my eyes. Invisible yes but he’s not getting embarrassed on the ice but he’s still playing in a shell and can’t do anything but the simple up and down the wing right now. Maybe he’s got more in the tank but maybe not. I think he should get more than four games before deciding and I’m sure he will play some more at some point before he sits when Bratt returns. I haven’t seen anything that would suggest Hynes has to sit him during a hot team start to play a guy like STAFFORD. But JQ’s development isn’t the priority right now.

Based on the stats and a comment or two it sounds like this is a move to try and get MarJo and PZ - mostly PZ - a spark. They are probably much more concerned that PZ gets something to show for playing well. I’m not sure Stafford is the answer in that regard but it’s one game so why not try now before Bratt returns and you have to make a call on someone up front. If you are potentially going to waive Stafford at least he will get a look or two before judgment is passed on him compared to the other bench players.

I’m not sure what the bench defenders look like in practice but at this point maybe you keep JQ and Stafford around and send down Gryba instead.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't understand why it's so difficult to see why JQ is out, he's done jack ****. Hynes wants to get that line going, it's supposed to be our second line but they're not scoring. We cant count on the bottom six to keep putting up goals every game. Stafford's had a little chemistry with Zacha, hopefully he can gain some scoring touch with Zacha and Mojo feeding him. They said it a million times during Behind the Glass, JQ made the team. . .for now, he has to keep working to stay there.

And that is the reasoning. Yeah we are 4-0, but there are aspects of the team from which you want better play, 2nd line is the obvious spot for that.

Chances are Palm's is not going to return to his 2 goal a night form, thus you have to get other area's to contribute.

Reactions: JK3

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Just think in a parallel universe we are 0-4 an Stafford is being brought in to hopefully be a spark.

giphy.gif

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You're going to see the most balls-to-the-wall, motivated Stafford you've ever seen in your life tonight, because he's well-aware this is his very last shot at not eating pregame meals of borscht in some cold, dark, god-awful, remote, KHL outpost.
What, does he not like receiving his pay in a paper bag from an old lady?

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Fans judge players based on their names not their play, it's pretty embarrassing. Imagine the reaction if Quenneville's name was Hayes and he put up a 4 game performance of barely touching the puck or being seen on the ice.

That and they think anyone over the age of 25 is a washed up plug.

The love affair with kids is out of hand

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
On Quenneville, all I will say is 4 games might be one of the shortest leashes Ive ever seen for a 22 year old rookie with 18 games of NHL experience on a team that is 4-0.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
On Quenneville, all I will say is 4 games might be one of the shortest leashes Ive ever seen for a 22 year old rookie with 18 games of NHL experience on a team that is 4-0.
He looks like poo. Hynes gave him second line time and he was a lost puppy. Sitting him can do wonders for him. We’ve seen it in the past where players respond to a benching. It’s up to him to take advantage of his next opportunity.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I actually think Quenneville has played well, only in sort of a Jacob Josefson kind of way.

I don't at all agree that he's played bad. He does need to put up a point or two if he wants to stay in the lineup.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Ok here’s my old man ramblings on the subject.....

JQ has not been horrible to my eyes. Invisible yes but he’s not getting embarrassed on the ice but he’s still playing in a shell and can’t do anything but the simple up and down the wing right now. Maybe he’s got more in the tank but maybe not. I think he should get more than four games before deciding and I’m sure he will play some more at some point before he sits when Bratt returns. I haven’t seen anything that would suggest Hynes has to sit him during a hot team start to play a guy like STAFFORD. But JQ’s development isn’t the priority right now.

Based on the stats and a comment or two it sounds like this is a move to try and get MarJo and PZ - mostly PZ - a spark. They are probably much more concerned that PZ gets something to show for playing well. I’m not sure Stafford is the answer in that regard but it’s one game so why not try now before Bratt returns and you have to make a call on someone up front. If you are potentially going to waive Stafford at least he will get a look or two before judgment is passed on him compared to the other bench players.

I’m not sure what the bench defenders look like in practice but at this point maybe you keep JQ and Stafford around and send down Gryba instead.

The point is that JQ hasn't done ANYTHING to make Hynes keep him in the lineup. This is probably an attempt as getting a spark out of him moreso than it is thinking Stafford is a better option. Regardless when Bratt is back this discussion is probably over as JQ will go to Bing and Stafford back to being the 13th forward.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh

This is fair but it’s not like he’s really flashed. I think his leash is short because of other issues (coming out of shape doesn’t help.)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is fair but it’s not like he’s really flashed. I think his leash is short because of other issues (coming out of shape doesn’t help.)
He was in excellent shape this year...last year he wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad