Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
exheSKb.gif

Hellraiser

Jun 12, 2015
New Jersey
I just forgot about Patty, I guess he's done for the season and his career it really makes me sad that he went out this way :( if he does replace someone in the lineup I really don't see him doing much

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
I see we scored 5 goals and won. Should everyone be thrilled?

With a few things, absolutely.

Hall: obviously, was just everywhere tonight. He could have had 3 or 4 if he didn't pass up a few golden chances

Schneider: made a few big time saves in the first, OEL's goals weren't 100% on him, he was basically typical reliable Cory.

Zacha: impresses me more every game, knew he would be good but he's our top center already imo. Doesn't have Zajac's defensive game but his offensive ability is tremendous. Strong on the puck and makes 2 or 3 ridiculous passes a game. Once he gets 1 he'll start rolling imo.

Severson: made a bonehead behind the back pass but other than that he was great, he's starting to turn it on more and more.

Zajac: don't look now but Trav has 5 points in 6 games, as long as he produces a point or two here and there with how he plays defense we could have the Trav of a few years ago back.

Obviously some guys really need to start getting going(Rico, Cammy, Palms) but even without them we've won 3 and gotten points in 4 of 6. Tonight was discouraging letting a team like the Yotes back into the game but the PP got it done(terrible call aside).

Huge weekend slate coming up, would be happy with a split but hopefully the boys step up and get both.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
With all the cap room we have, I still think we could of (and should of) made a play for Yandle in the offseason. He would of been such a relief for our defense.

Panthers acquired Yandle's rights ahead of the free agent period and signed him on June 22nd. I'm not sure if the Rangers would have considered letting us talk to him early if there were other options.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Agreed they would have cost similar money, but Shattenkirk is younger by three years and a better all around defenseman. He can also put up similar point totals. Like I said earlier in this thread I think we're going after Shattenkirk and I think we're going after him big time. We're going to be in a position to offer him a hell of a contract and I think he'll be worth it without a doubt. Really like his game and I hope we get him.

Now that I look at it Yandle got a $6.350 cap hit. I'd give Shattenkirk $7.5 million a year without batting an eye. If we don't give it someone will.

Dear mods I will not talk about Kevin Shattenkirk again in a GDT in October.

Rangers will be in on Shatty, which is not a good for the Devs.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
It was funny. Early in the 3rd on the Coyotes broadcast they highlighted the key player of the game for both teams and Camms was ours!

I certainly don't agree with that. He has second highest shots on goal with zero goals. He is consistently losing the puck or getting it knocked off his stick and his passing is bad.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Our point leaders are pretty interesting this morning.

1. T. Hall 6 points
2. T. Zajac 5 points
3. D. Severson 4 points
4. 3 players with 3 points
:)

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I certainly don't agree with that. He has second highest shots on goal with zero goals. He is consistently losing the puck or getting it knocked off his stick and his passing is bad.

Camm, Palms and Rico all need to be much better.

Rico is showing signs of life at least.
Palms was very bad last night.
Falling all over the ice and just sloppy.
Camm has been awful with the puck on the PP.

I will take the goals and the win but I got agitated too much last night with players not bearing down on every shift and letting a team back in it.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think Lovejoy is great down low in our own zone. Great shot blocker and great in the corners. No offensive skill whatsoever but he's been better than Quincey that's for sure and I think he'll just get better. Lovejoy is a pro he will be ok he just needs time to adjust.

I saw at least 2 subtle but important plays by Lovejoy in the final 2 minutes last night.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Fun game...but our defense is probably the worst in the league.

Quincey, Moore, and Lovejoy are all bottom pairing D. These dudes just can't clean the zone. Santini or Reece Scarlett should get a shot, at least they're fast and can move the puck efficiently.

Really nice to see Boucher producing and Rico getting his first goal of the season.

Zacha and Hall are so good together, let's hope Palmieri can start playing well too. That line could be a legit top line, a thing this has lacked last since Parise left.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Fun game...but our defense is probably the worst in the league.

Quincey, Moore, and Lovejoy are all bottom pairing D. These dudes just can't clean the zone. Santini or Reece Scarlett should get a shot, at least they're fast and can move the puck efficiently.

Really nice to see Boucher producing and Rico getting his first goal of the season.

Zacha and Hall are so good together, let's hope Palmieri can start playing well too. That line could be a legit top line, a thing this has lacked last since Parise left.

Our D is weak overall right now, but Scarlett is not going to be better than what's up in NJ already.

I would def give Santini a game this weekend.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Zajac has had a good year, but he's been incredibly lucky. First goal was a weird bounce off a defenseman, second goal was a soft wrist shot that somehow got through the 5 hole, third goal was a weird empty netter that hit off a ref. He's looked good. Would not say he's been better than Zacha at even strength though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad