Post-Game Talk: Devils v Preds PGT. Collapse #20485720 Edition

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if it was TG mainly because he's been pretty snarky this season so I could see him just getting fed up and go into Brooks mode. Hes made a lot of cracks and criticism's about the organization this year so I wouldn't be surprised if he just said *** it, and stirred the pot. But yea, Miller does seems like a bit of a pot stirrer himself. Whoever it was, might be getting neutered by Lou after tonight.

I don't think Lou can neuter them. I could be wrong though.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
Missed the game. Am I correct in assuming Sal was out there for the late goal?

Also how did we play? Was this a game we deserved to win, late goal aside ?
I'm anticipating TG's post.

lol....Deboer definitely reads his blog, and if he reads the fan section comments that probably drives him even more nuts!
Is there any particular reason you think he reads his blog ?

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey

Sal was out there for the late goal of course...

Awful 1st, picked it up later. Turtled late 3rd and a lucky deflection got them a goal

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Probably should have been shutout if not for some of the two most hideous goals I've seen in a while. Carson Huntsman probably should have shut us out.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

i think most coaches do read information from the beat writers and what not. sometimes they use it as motivation.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hes awful. Just awful

The Elias shot wasn't even that good. He dropped it out of his glove pretty much. The Jagr goal was probably the weakest goal I've seen since Clarkson scored that goal against the Islanders padwall two years ago. It was identical to that goal. Actually they were pretty much just the weakest goals I've seen since the last game I saw of him. The one about a month ago where Trotz called him out after the game and said his goaltending wasn't good enough for this league. He only gave up 2 goals that game, and both were terrible just like tonight.

If we had won that game tonight like we should have, Trotz would have blasted him again. Instead Trotz is probably praising him for his breakaway save on Ryder.

It stings that we got those goals as easy as we did, and we still found a way to choke that game away. It reminds me of the TB game I was at last year. Garon gave up about 3 awful goals, and we still lost that game. With the goalie pulled with about 20 seconds left they tied it. We also had a 2 goal lead two different times that night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have no doubts in my mind he is the worst Goalie in the NHL

Elias's shot was going wide :laugh:

The guy in my avatar my disagree with you there.:naughty:

That was almost like Fayne's goal against Gustavsson two years ago in OT against Toronto.:laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i was at that game. :laugh:

If I remember correctly, we blew a 2 goal lead in that game too. And if memory serves me right, the Laffs tied the game with the goalie pulled in that game also.

By the way, instead of saying you're dropping a Deboer I got a good one for you. Now you gotta say ''I'm going to the bathroom, I gotta drop a Deuceboer!''

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
If I remember correctly, we blew a 2 goal lead in that game too. And if memory serves me right, the Laffs tied the game with the goalie pulled in that game also.

By the way, instead of saying you're dropping a Deboer I got a good one for you. Now you gotta say ''I'm going to the bathroom, I gotta drop a Deuceboer!''

"the monster" was horrible that game.....a few, if not all of the goals were 5 hole and then the OT laugher.

one of the rare times i go see devils live and they win.....i dont have a good record

http://www.hockey-reference.com/boxscores/201202210TOR.html

http://www.nhl.com/ice/search.htm?q=February+21,+2012&tab=video&pg=2

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
"the monster" was horrible that game.....a few, if not all of the goals were 5 hole and then the OT laugher.

one of the rare times i go see devils live and they win.....i dont have a good record

I hope you weren't at that dreadful 1-0 shutout last year. The one where we outshot them like 36 to 13.:rant:

Yeah I remember that game in 11-12 though.

''HOLLLYYY MACKEREEELLLLLLL WHAT A 5 HOLE!'':laugh:

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
What else is new?

Sal on for a late goal against to tie the game? Check
Made the opposing goalies look much better than he is? Check
Gave up more shots than we took? Check
Coach talks about how we played hard and had bad bounces like he does after pretty much every single loss? Check

The games are starting to feel like reruns of a bad sitcom that you already watched way too often...

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
i think most coaches do read information from the beat writers and what not. sometimes they use it as motivation.

Pete doesn't even have to read the blog...I'm sure some family/friends probably have rabbit ears too.

HunteDxEntitY

Jan 5, 2014
Section 118
Of course for the 2nd game in a row, Salvador was out on defense for the game tying goal.. CLEARRRR THEEE PUCKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Well, IF Lou hasn't gone senile and thinks he could still try to salvage this thing then next week would theoretically be the week where you make a change with all the days off they have. ***, who am I kidding we'll just get Sislo and Harrold-Deboer back in the lineup.

The problem with waiting is that you may not get that "bounce" that often comes upon a team after the coaching change.

Frère Jacques, frère Jacques,
Dormez-vous ? Dormez-vous ?

C'mon Jacques, you know you want it!
jacques-lemaire.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It really sounded like TG. Miller has already put out his story about it, so it doesn't look like it's him, but who knows? No one has owned up to it though, which is even more ****ing sad.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/devils_coach_pete_deboer_gets_angry_during_post-game_talk_ends_it_quickly.html

Well whoever it was - and it was TG if you listen to the clip on the highest volume, unless Miller happens to sound exactly the same - didn't want to make the story about them.

HellOnIce

Jun 28, 2007
One loss after last night and everyone is back to whining.

PDB is absolutely 100% right.

You guys need to look at the bigger picture of the week. 4 in 6, 5 in 8 with a Stadium hoopa, travel, injuries and one awful goaltending game from #30 on Sunday.

You can complain about the late tying goals, but that's the problem when you can't score enough to put any sort of distance between us and the other team. Two nights in a row, we never got that 3rd goal. A tying goal doesn't matter if you're up by 2, which we NEVER are. That's a roster problem. But you can piss and moan about trades not happening, well what are you going to do. Like I've said all season we've not seen one real meaningful trade all season across the 30 teams. It's the era we are in.

EDIT ADD at 9:08 am - One other thing Pete is right about Nashville had been off for a few days before us on a back to back, you're already behind the 8 ball. Add in a D-man goes down, Zubrus is hobbling around and the normal wear and tear and our team's mediocrity anyway - and this is what you get. It happens. Despite ALL OF THAT, we had a 2-1 lead late in the game, a bounce goes to Legwand, and decent D play by Zid goes to Weber. These nights are going to happen.

Pete has too many 1-Dimensional defesemen who are good at one things but not at others.

Again, if we had played Cory more in the beginning of the year and won a couple shootouts along the way we'd be a playoff team. We're still in the hunt.

Buckingham Claude*

It really sounded like TG. Miller has already put out his story about it, so it doesn't look like it's him, but who knows? No one has owned up to it though, which is even more ****ing sad.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/devils_coach_pete_deboer_gets_angry_during_post-game_talk_ends_it_quickly.html

I agree though. Regardless of who asked it, it was just a real stupid question to ask, especially given the circumstances. It's pretty easy to be pissed and call out the team for another blown lead / game, but they did have some rotten luck at the end of tonight's game.

Pete is enemy #1 around here, when Marty isn't filling that role at least, but I'm siding with him on this one. He stood up for his players after the entire team was called out by a beat writer of all people. Report on the team's play, as you're paid to do and shut your pie hole, jackass. Questions are fine, but not when they're dumb and pointless. I mean really, what kind of reaction was he expecting?
I guess you don't pay for club seats? It has become quite expensive nowadays and the way the GM and coach have handled the team and their fan base has not been good business.

NOTHING! Nothing has been done and the season is almost over!!!!!

Are you kidding me????????

Go buy some seats and let me know how good you feel about the organization today. It is easy to change your channel on TV but it is annoying to go see loss after loss after loss AND NOTHING IS DONE!

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
One loss after last night and everyone is back to whining.

PDB is absolutely 100% right.

You guys need to look at the bigger picture of the week. 4 in 6, 5 in 8 with a Stadium hoopa, travel, injuries and one awful goaltending game from #30 on Sunday.

You can complain about the late tying goals, but that's the problem when you can't score enough to put any sort of distance between us and the other team. Two nights in a row, we never got that 3rd goal. A tying goal doesn't matter if you're up by 2, which we NEVER are. That's a roster problem. But you can piss and moan about trades not happening, well what are you going to do. Like I've said all season we've not seen one real meaningful trade all season across the 30 teams. It's the era we are in.

EDIT ADD at 9:08 am - One other thing Pete is right about Nashville had been off for a few days before us on a back to back, you're already behind the 8 ball. Add in a D-man goes down, Zubrus is hobbling around and the normal wear and tear and our team's mediocrity anyway - and this is what you get. It happens. Despite ALL OF THAT, we had a 2-1 lead late in the game, a bounce goes to Legwand, and decent D play by Zid goes to Weber. These nights are going to happen.

Pete has too many 1-Dimensional defesemen who are good at one things but not at others.

Again, if we had played Cory more in the beginning of the year and won a couple shootouts along the way we'd be a playoff team. We're still in the hunt.

Agree with the bolded. That being said - I have no idea how you can defend this coach. How anyone can really.

You can say that this team is devoid of offensive talent (which I disagree with but I digress), but when you look at the stats we are DEAD LAST in the league in shots on goal. It’s not like they are generating scoring chances and just can’t bury. They literally go through 10 or 15 minute stretches where they can’t even enter the opposition’s o-zone. That’s like expansion team ********.

You can claim that the team is “old and slowâ€, yet this coach refuses to play the younger faster players at his disposal, instead choosing to either scratch them from the game entirely or bench them in the third period of every single game. He wants to hold a lead, yet his strategy has shown ZERO evidence of working considering that this team blows more leads than any other in the league.

He is absolutely useless with young players. You can say Henrique was successful under him his rookie year – but that was three years ago and he has not improved a single aspect of his game since then. What about the long list of other young players who have regressed – Larsson, Tedenby, Josefson, Loktionov. These were not players that came in and showed nothing. They all played well at some point for decent stretches of time. Not a single one cracks the lineup now. Gelinas played well for a while and is now struggling – do you trust this coach to get the kid back on track?? I sure as hell don’t.

I have not seen a single shred of evidence that suggests this coach is good at anything other than supplying his team with a system. Beyond that, he is not a good tactician, he doesn’t make adjustments, he doesn’t ice the best possible players, he doesn’t develop/teach our young players to be better.

He is not up to par with the expectation of excellence this organization has built over the years. It’s embarrassing as far as I am concerned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad