Post-Game Talk: Devils v Preds PGT. Collapse #20485720 Edition

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Steve Bernier -15, 9 points and has played every game this season. He also had over 12 games on the top line and occasionally plays on the PP.

If production can be used against Josefson why doesn't Pete use it against Bernier? At least Josefson can win faceoffs(but can still play on the wing) , is competent defensively, and can actually carry the puck over the blue line and doesn't have to dump and chase every single time.

Why not Loktionov he has the same amount of points and averages less ice time than Bernier and also has played 15 less games than Bernier.

And both Josefson and Loktionov are plus players while Steve Bernier is a -15. Plus/minus may be worthless comparing players on different teams but it does say something when they are on the same team.

Agreed completely. Bernier is a USELESS sack of suck. Just a bag of hot garbage. He hasn't done anything useful since scoring that OT goal against Buffalo. I'm having trouble trying to remember him putting on some screens since then, but I can't do it.

But he's got dat big body. Seriously I think Gionta has been more useful since returning from injury, as much as everyone wants to beat up on him.

DeBoer playing Bernier over Josefson and Lokti, is like when he played Ponikarovsky over both of them last year, despite Poni being pretty ****in useless himself.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
You can dislike it all you want, but the players will like Pete for how he went off in that presser. Having some journalist telling him how one of his players could have cleared the puck, well that question deserved exactly what it got.

Wasn't it TG who asked that?

He must if taken it personally because he vanished off twitter. Just left with Chere the **** stirrer.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Agreed completely. Bernier is a USELESS sack of suck. Just a bag of hot garbage. He hasn't done anything useful since scoring that OT goal against Buffalo. I'm having trouble trying to remember him putting on some screens since then, but I can't do it.

But he's got dat big body. Seriously I think Gionta has been more useful since returning from injury, as much as everyone wants to beat up on him.

DeBoer playing Bernier over Josefson and Lokti, is like when he played Ponikarovsky over both of them last year, despite Poni being pretty ****in useless himself.

Yea, Bernier has really worn out his welcome now. 3 goals in 55 games with a -15 is horrendous. And he actually spent time in the top 6 and with the exception of a few screens, he STILL couldn't contribute. He really does look like Poni 2.0 out there now.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Did Bernier actually lead to the tieing or winning goal? I didn't see it so it's a real question.

If not why are we talking about the 4th line? Seems like we are looking for scape goats again and Gio is playing better and Harrold is hurt so we need someone new.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well at least the -15 hasn't gotten worse over the last several games, seems like he's been stuck on -15 for a month lol

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Did Bernier actually lead to the tieing or winning goal? I didn't see it so it's a real question.

If not why are we talking about the 4th line? Seems like we are looking for scape goats again and Gio is playing better and Harrold is hurt so we need someone new.

escape goats and superb owls.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
I'm anticipating TG's post.

lol....Deboer definitely reads his blog, and if he reads the fan section comments that probably drives him even more nuts!

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'm not looking for a scapegoat. I want Josefson, Larsson, and Loktionov in the lineup regularly but there are double standards on this team.

They are afraid to make mistakes so they don't take risks and then they probably overthink everything because DeBoer has killed any ounce of confidence they had.

Status Quo*

I bet Pete posts on this board :laugh: Which account are ya Pete? :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Or TG got called into Lou's office for another talking to, who the **** knows.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Or TG got called into Lou's office for another talking to, who the **** knows.

Lou hung up the phone on him last week, but in a "polite way" :laugh:

Intimidation:
d6b89c970da34e10499cf1096595d8a4.png

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I checked the score about halfway through the third, saw the Devils were winning, and felt optimistic. I should have known better. :facepalm:

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
TG published his post and didn't say it was him who questioned Deboer. LOL. Didn't include the coaching jab.

So soft...
“I think you have to look at the silver lining and that’s we got a point out of here tonight,” DeBoer said. “A bounce off a stick right on their tape in the last 10 seconds, I don’t know if we’d play it much differently. Those things happen in an 82-game schedule and the bottom line is we played four games this week in six days and we found a way to get point tonight in the fourth one under a tough circumstance. So, we’ll take it and move on.”

DeBoer became agitated, though, when questioned about the Devils not being able to protect a lead in the final minute for the second night in a row.

“It happens to everybody,” he said. “You guys all look for tendencies – oh, they can’t hold the lead, they can’t score. You know what? Give me a break. It’s four games in six nights. We battled hard. We got an unfortunate bounce at the end. We’ll take the point and we’ll move on.”
- See more at: http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...rtime_loss_in_nashville/#sthash.hnUjAx3k.dpuf

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
TG finally did put up his blog-post...nothing particuarly juicy about it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Nope he's just been awful, and there are better options that we could put in there. Bernier hasn't really done **** to be in the lineup nightly, and I've been ragging on him for months now. He scored that OT goal against Buffalo to shut me up cause I was really giving it to him in that game, and now he's just been lost in a shuffle of suck for a couple of months now.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
You could have cleared it? A reporter deserves what he got to say that. Might as well just say why didn't you score another goal? Dumb remark from a guy who can't even play to say that. if they could have cleared it they would have.

And I still think it was Miller. TG would have said when I asked him, not when a reporter asked. He would own it. Miller brings some spite from covering Philly before it seems.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
You could have cleared it? A reporter deserves what he got to say that. Might as well just say why didn't you score another goal? Dumb remark from a guy who can't even play to say that. if they could have cleared it they would have.

And I still think it was Miller. TG would have said when I asked him, not when a reporter asked. He would own it. Miller brings some spite from covering Philly before it seems.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was TG mainly because he's been pretty snarky this season so I could see him just getting fed up and go into Brooks mode. Hes made a lot of cracks and criticism's about the organization this year so I wouldn't be surprised if he just said *** it, and stirred the pot. But yea, Miller does seems like a bit of a pot stirrer himself. Whoever it was, might be getting neutered by Lou after tonight.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York

It really sounded like TG. Miller has already put out his story about it, so it doesn't look like it's him, but who knows? No one has owned up to it though, which is even more ****ing sad.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/02/devils_coach_pete_deboer_gets_angry_during_post-game_talk_ends_it_quickly.html

I agree though. Regardless of who asked it, it was just a real stupid question to ask, especially given the circumstances. It's pretty easy to be pissed and call out the team for another blown lead / game, but they did have some rotten luck at the end of tonight's game.

Pete is enemy #1 around here, when Marty isn't filling that role at least, but I'm siding with him on this one. He stood up for his players after the entire team was called out by a beat writer of all people. Report on the team's play, as you're paid to do and shut your pie hole, jackass. Questions are fine, but not when they're dumb and pointless. I mean really, what kind of reaction was he expecting?

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00