Post-Game Talk: Devils' team humiliation in Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
My wife changed the channel after the 8th goal. I started to yell at her to put it back. She laughed hysterically. She finally gets my sick sense of humor.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Ya, let's not do a Santini on him. I'd be fine with him on the 4th. He just drags down the 2nd line.

He doesn't. This is completely false. He made multiple very good set ups since the beginning of the season but no one finished.

Camille the Eel

Actually we didn’t have a good idea of how to play them. We can’t trade chances with Tampa in a pond hockey game and expect to win. The first couple of goals at a frantic pace seemed to lure us into a helter skelter mode.

But to beat them, as Washington did last year, you need to be the opposite of wide open. Keep a body on them, bang them in their end, clog up center ice and counter attack. Exactly what we didn’t try to do tonight.

Post script - Corey was moving well but not reacting well to the play. He looks physically ready but very rusty. I don’t think you play him yet at Detroit.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It’s a disgrace that Zajac catches the **** he does on this board.

He’s better than Zacha (yes, at offense) and IDGAF what any of his detractors and the pro-Zacha people think. .

Yeah Zajac HAS to be a second-line center until further notice. Enough of Zacha. Even if you're just making Zajac-Wood the second line instead of the third.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah Zajac HAS to be a second-line center until further notice. Enough of Zacha. Even if you're just making Zajac-Wood the second line instead of the third.
It should be the second line right now, and when Bratt is back that is where he should be.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
He doesn't. This is completely false. He made multiple very good set ups since the beginning of the season but no one finished.
Yeah, he had a few good setups... but to come away with 0 shots is kind of annoying.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's the new age Micheal Ryder.
Yeah, he’s toast here. 40 games and 16 points. He was a 45+ point player before he got here.

It’s just not working here. I don’t want him back, if he don’t score 50 this year. Maybe 45-48 at the minimum.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I’m tired of the excuses for Zacha. Both he and Johansson are a steaming pile of Space Junk right now.

The Johansson experiment didn’t work here. Keep him for now, but don’t sign him to a new deal unless he scores 50 points this year.

At least Zacha does other things well. Johansson is literally doing nothing.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Zacha hasn't been close to the worst forward on the team, while MoJo is competing with Rooney for that honor.

Rooney is a brief 8 minute per game call up filler. Comparing him with Zacha speaks worse of Zacha than Rooney.

MoJo is playing the worst that he ever has in his entire career, and he still has 2 more points & 6 more SOG than Zacha in 1 fewer game played.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So essentially make the Zajac line the second line.... it's really not a change at all.

Not unless you also scratch one or both of them (NoJo, Zacha) to send a message a la what they did with Severson at multiple points.

Reactions: Aethon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad