Post-Game Talk: Devils' team humiliation in Tampa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

I hope in fact Hynes doesn’t over react to this one. You can only pull that “we need to coach better” stuff, followed by a brutal practice, once in a while without shaking a young team’s confidence.

This is a game that could shake your confidence, so calm is necessary. This is a spot for Hynes to show confidence in the room and for the leadership to emerge from within.

Terrible penalty by Travis causing that 5 on 3 but in truth it was already out of hand.

Who is going to lead on this team this year?

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Shero does need to make a move. We have no other consistently dangerous line but the first line, and when they have an off night, we really suck.

Okay, but how many top 6 forwards are on the market right now that we could realistically trade for? Nylander, who would cost an arm and a leg?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sit Zacha and call up Seney.

Zacha needs a kick in the pants. You just can't keep gifting him games.

Bring in Joey Anderson for Rooney.

I don't know who you sit but SOMEone semi-big needs to sit. I'd actually sit MoJo first, but either way this is beyond coachspeak or a bag skate at this point, now action needs to be taken.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought Keith was terrible against Nashville and just didn’t have a chance on 6 of the 7 goals tonight.

So these were the odds evening out. His numbers are probably where they should be.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Can Anderson come back? And can Rooney be shipped off to Siberia? Sick of seeing him on this team. He does nothing. He's not good on the PK like this staff claims, and he is garbage on the face off dot.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Meh, Skeletor's no Torts.

I miss the nights when I wouldnt even be watching the Rangers, but the internetz would tell me they're losing 6-2 or something. I'd lie in wait for the game to be over just to tune in to the presser.

He might morph into him tonight based on that 8-3 timeout. I've seriously never seen a timeout that far behind that late in a game before.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Neutral zone play was garbage. They had an easy time setting up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
MoJo needs to be healthy scratched to send a message, but then Rooney might play more and that isn't any better.

Reactions: Take Notes

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Offense wasn’t the issue tonight. We are scoring goals. We have to be smarter when leading games.

Taking penalties has been the biggest issue so far this year, well besides the effort level. The Devils look like the football Jets with their stupidity and lack of discipline.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
He might morph into him tonight based on that 8-3 timeout. I've seriously never seen a timeout that far behind that late in a game before.

He was not saying nice things to them. Honestly this might be a game where you need to pull a Torts. Call them out and dump all the blame on the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad