Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Did the Devils let their Strength and Conditioning Coach go?

I don't think. If they did though, he's another guy that's been there for like a century. I think Vasalani has been with the team since the early 90s.

Development/skills coach is a different role than strength/conditioning, so I'd imagine they didn't let him go.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I don't think. If they did though, he's another guy that's been there for like a century. I think Vasalani has been with the team since the early 90s.

Development/skills coach is a different role than strength/conditioning, so I'd imagine they didn't let him go.

I think the development /skills coach and the goalie development /skills coach are new positions for this coming season. Shows the owners are willing to pay for a better ice product by adding salaries. Maybe no additional salary for goalie coach because Hedberg was goalie coach for Albany.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
What would be the most realistic trade to get another 1 rd og 2 rd pick without giving up the young guns?

If we are rebuilding now we need to stack those picks?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Patty would approve a trade to the right team.

But I think he'd rather finish his career here even with all the changes.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
I think Patty will stick around but you never know. I don't see management asking him to waive his NTC but he may want one last shot at a Cup and I would wish him well if he asked for a trade to a contender. Hopefully he, and the rest of the team, plays better this season though it would be hard to play worse so I expect somewhat of a bounce back for him. I'd love to see him close out his career as a Devil but if he wants another shot at the Cup, we all know it won't happen here this season so I'd cheer him on wherever he went.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Patty would approve a trade to the right team.

But I think he'd rather finish his career here even with all the changes.

DD you are absolutely correct. Patty is happy in NJ his family is settled and that is important to him but at the trade decline if he is playing well he might agree to a trade to a team that has a lock for the playoffs and cloud win the Cop final.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
If Elias wants to be moved at the trade deadline, Shero should try to ship him to a contender, but otherwise Elias should be allowed to remain a Devil for as long as he can play capable hockey if that is what he wants. It would be really nice if Elias could retire a career Devil, and there is a chance that he could be a good role model to Zacha depending on when Zacha begins his NHL career.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Figured I would add some interesting questions to spice up this off-season. So let's see if anyone can answer all of these questions correctly.

Who has more points as a Devil? Tommy Albelin or Adam Henrique

Who has more assists as a Devil? Scott Gomez or Scott Stevens

Who had a higher single season point total for the Devils? Brian Gionta or John MacLean

Who has a higher PPG total during their time with the Devils? John Madden or Scott Stevens

Last, but not least:

How many ATMs are located inside the Prudential Center -- including the one in the box office?

I stumbled across the last one in the media guide and just felt obligated to post it. Either that or the total amount of restrooms in the Prudential Center.

EDIT: I tried to keep the questions so that they could really go either way, more to where they are educated guesses.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
these are just educated guesses honestly :laugh:

Henrique
Stevens
Gionta
Stevens
Great, now when I finally come to the rock, the first thing ill have to do is count the ATMs :sarcasm:

EDIT: I think I messed up on #1 but imma leave it for parity sake

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Figured I would add some interesting questions to spice up this off-season. So let's see if anyone can answer all of these questions correctly.

Who has more points as a Devil? Tommy Albelin or Adam Henrique

Who has more assists as a Devil? Scott Gomez or Scott Stevens

Who had a higher single season point total for the Devils? Brian Gionta or John MacLean

Who has a higher PPG total during their time with the Devils? John Madden or Scott Stevens

Last, but not least:

How many ATMs are located inside the Prudential Center -- including the one in the box office?

I stumbled across the last one in the media guide and just felt obligated to post it. Either that or the total amount of restrooms in the Prudential Center.

EDIT: I tried to keep the questions so that they could really go either way, more to where they are educated guesses.
Guesses:

Henrique (but I imagine it's close... Albelin was a Devil for many years)
Gomez
MacLean (he had that big year he put up 90+ points, Gionta never did that)
Stevens
Not a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad