Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Canucks have had their third jersey for quite a while. Carolina, too. Also take into account that some teams turned their third jersey into their home sweater. Examples: Philadelphia, Buffalo, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Anaheim. Not sure if you'd count that but the sweater is still being used,

Carolina is a younger team, but they have remained pretty consistent with their jersey. I was surprised how many changes the Bruins have had over their history.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It makes my skin crawl as well.

Why mess up a good thing? Buffalo had one of the nicest jerseys in the league and then....

well they've become a ****ing joke.

Their current jerseys would actually be pretty nice if they got rid of that stupid piping. Whoever thought that crap was a good idea was a complete moron.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
am I the only one that doesn't give a **** whether we get a new 3rd jersey or not? I said the same things under Lou too (even though it would've never happened)

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
lol referring to how he reported that Gelinas was getting Salvador's number and then TG and the Devils saying he's #44 now?

Well, yeah. I really have a hard time taking that kid seriously. There's a reason there's journalism professionals and this guy is very clearly an amateur. Plus, his analysis isn't very insightful IMO.

GhostofKenKlee

Once again, Todd Cordell proves he's not a legitimate journalist with no reliable ties to the organization.

Careful, people take 18 years that live in their parents home in Toronto "legitimate" around these parts. :laugh:

Consider where he writes and for whom....

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
am I the only one that doesn't give a **** whether we get a new 3rd jersey or not? I said the same things under Lou too (even though it would've never happened)

People will complain about everything on here. At the end of the day is it really an issue to have someone wear #13? No but people here make it seem like Shero and Co. are defacing the franchise over it. Same with the "possibility" of a third jersey. Who gives a crap? Casual fans will buy it, some of us will buy it, it pumps money into the franchise. I don't get why anyone would care about this.

devlzfan

Aug 28, 2007
Farmingdale, NY
Sorry to hop into this late but...

I have a friend that actually broadcasts for the Rangers (and he's actually a huge Devils fan). They definitely fly on the same plane as the team.

I also vaguely remember him once saying he talked to so-and-so about such-and-such on the flight, so I presume they have at least SOME access to the players on the plane.

So, you're friends with Don LaGreca?

GhostofKenKlee

There are quite a few Devils fans in the media. I believe Rosen on NHL network is one. Bill Patrick, LaGreca, Jerry Minko and a few others come to mind.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
There are quite a few Devils fans in the media. I believe Rosen on NHL network is one. Bill Patrick, LaGreca, Jerry Minko and a few others come to mind.

You mean John Minko ;)

Jerry Recco and Al Dukes on the Boomer and Carton Show are both Devils fans and STH (they tweeted out pictures in their tenure jerseys last year).

Kathryn Tappen on NHL Network is also a Devils fan :heart:

GhostofKenKlee

You mean John Minko ;)

Jerry Recco and Al Dukes on the Boomer and Carton Show are both Devils fans and STH (they tweeted out pictures in their tenure jerseys last year).

HIm too, she and a few others..

So is Erock for all you Opium and Andy fans out there on the XM.

Another big fan is Mike Trainor (comedian)

Peter King use to sit a few rows behind me until he moved to Baahstan....

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You mean John Minko ;)

well I'd hope so, shes married to Jay Leach

GhostofKenKlee

She grew up in Jersey going to games and is a long term fan.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
well I'd hope so, shes married to Jay Leach

:(

I wonder how they met

Edit: Never mind...

The couple met in February 2005, during the National Hockey League lockout. Mr. Leach, who was with the Bruins then, went to Providence, R.I., to play for the Bruins’ minor league team. Ms. Tappen was covering sports for WJAR, the NBC affiliate in Providence.

“We both had off on Mondays and were able to hang out a lot, and I soon realized that he has a great, light-hearted personality,” Ms. Tappen said. “We became friends initially, and it later evolved into what it is.”

How ironic that their meeting had nothing to do with the Devils lol..

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Well, yeah. I really have a hard time taking that kid seriously. There's a reason there's journalism professionals and this guy is very clearly an amateur. Plus, his analysis isn't very insightful IMO.

I must admit that I took him seriously and didn't know he was just a kid and lived in Toronto. I'll now take him with a grain of salt. I do think he may have a future as a real writer one day.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
The Devils were just a jeopardy question.

It was something like "No one was scared of this team because of their diabolical name, it's just that Martin Brodeur was scary good."

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
@NHLDevilsPR: Pertti Hasanen named #NJDevils Development/Skills Coach: http://t.co/6bC0p4pTSz

Always good to have a guy on staff to help with development and refinement of skills. When they talked about him at Dev Camp, it seemed like he was a traveling consultant for several teams. I guess this means they are now paying him to be the exclusive skills guy for us. Love the commitment to spending on quality staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad