Devils Team Discussion (team/player news and notes) ‎2015 offseason II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I believe the asking price for Doughy Phil on the trade board (and they are indeed desperate to dump him off on the Devils in particular) was like #6 ++, which is a big no no. It was more like JVR for the #6 straight up that seemed generally agreed upon.

Previous trades have shown me that the trade board over estimates the value of most players and what the trade board considers "underpayment" oftentimes turns out to be actual value.

As a side note, Toronto fans are notorious for hyping up any Toronto thread a disproportionate amount.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I rather Kessel than JVR but I don't want the 6th overall pick to go for either of them. They'll at best push the Devils to a 10th or 11th pick next season.

Trading for guys like Kessel and JVR is what teams on the verge of being a contender should do. Not a team that is a couple of years from being a contender.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I rather Kessel than JVR but I don't want the 6th overall pick to go for either of them. They'll at best push the Devils to a 10th or 11th pick next season.

If Toronto won't accept a Spezza like return now we will hold out until next season. If we are in the playoffs next year or in two seasons I can see a trade involving our first round pick and some prospects.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
TSN Drive‏@TSNDrive
Former #Lightning Head Coach Guy Boucher told @TSNDaveNaylor that he HAS been approached by an NHL team. Listen for the interview at 4:30pm.

I wonder......

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Just found a gif of Tootoo being awesome.

G2rHF76.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad