Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎PART XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You haven't missed anything. Just my predictions. He'll be given a PTO and will make the team.

He maybe given a shot...but how in the world can he possibly fit or beat out the existing centers?

Not that the center position is deep but you have Zajac, Elias or Henrique, Josefson, Gionta and even Zubrus as center options.

With both Josefson and Gionta having new two year deals I just don't see it. Unless Josefson gets traded.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Cammalleri --- Zajac --- Jagr ----> Zajac/Jagr finnaly have their winger...no more Josefson, Zub, or Ruutu
Clowe --- Henrique --- Boucher* -----> upgrade line from last year...Boucher > Ryder
Brunner* --- Elias --- Havlat -----> Brunner/Elias and Elias/Havlat chemistry
Ruutu --- Josefson --- Zubrus ----> big wingers, some skill, decent 2 way game. 2 past top 9 forwards that could succeed in a lesser role
Bernier, Gionta, Ryder (trade), Carter (hopeful)

3 balanced scoring/2 way lines. 1a,1b,1c. The 4th line would get good amount of PK time. Not a "true" 4th line.

I am placing Boucher in the lineup because I think its entirely possible he outplays Ryder/Brunner in camp.

PK units would be Zajac, Henrique, Elias, Jo, Zubrus so that'll bump up the ones of the 4th line TOI a good amount.

The thing is if Boucher sticks, Carter supposedly resigns, the team is looking at 2 extras max so the numbers game is tricky. I could only see a combo of Gio, Bernier, Carter, and Josefson as potential extras.

Last edited:

jerseydevil

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
He maybe given a shot...but how in the world can he possibly fit or beat out the existing centers?

Not that the center position is deep but you have Zajac, Elias or Henrique, Josefson, Gionta and even Zubrus as center options.

With both Josefson and Gionta having new two year deals I just don't see it. Unless Josefson gets traded.

My take is that the Devils truly need playmaking centers. They have one (Patrik Elias). It has really hurt the Devils on the PP. Gomez is the perfect solution. He'll be at training camp.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
My take is that the Devils truly need playmaking centers. They have one (Patrik Elias). It has really hurt the Devils on the PP. Gomez is the perfect solution. He'll be at training camp.

honest question- have you watched Scott Gomez play recently? He has 38 points in his last 3 seasons. total.

NC107*

Gomez, next I will read that Marty Brodeur is coming back for a year as backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad