Devils Team Discussion (current team/player news and notes) ‎2014-2015 Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
dude Severson has played ONE GAME! we don't know WHAT he brings yet.

I think its absolutely hilarious that you think we know enough about Severson at this point. Do I wish he is a stud? of course! but that isn't realistic (right now).

You honestly don't have a problem with having Larsson sitting nightly? whatsoever? I find tha thard to believe.

I can tell from 1 game that Severson's skating puts Larsson's to shame, yes.

I also can tell from the preseason games they played in that Severson played better, andt that that's part of the reason he's CURRENTLY in the lineup (combined with his play in practice that no one except Lou and the coaches has seen).

You're making this something bigger than just these 3 young d-men outplaying Larsson presently. Gelinas didn't play particularly well last night. Larsson may take his place next game. It's not that I don't have a problem with Larsson sitting. It's that your reasoning and my reasoning for why that's taking place are completely different.

I've said time and time again that if they all prove they belong that it will likely be cleared up via trade.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don't want to trade him but if it comes down to it...

What about something along the lines of Larsson + Josefson for a young promising center? Can't think of a player right now. Maybe Backlund? Although I doubt he's available and we can probably get more.

If anything we're to happen my immediate reaction is something around Larsson and Baertschi. I don't want Larsson to be traded but at the same time if he's going to be on the sidelines more often than not may as well get a valuable forward commodity in return.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I can tell from 1 game that Severson's skating puts Larsson's to shame, yes.

I also can tell from the preseason games they played in that Severson played better, andt that that's part of the reason he's CURRENTLY in the lineup (combined with his play in practice that no one except Lou and the coaches has seen).

You're making this something bigger than just these 3 young d-men outplaying Larsson presently. Gelinas didn't play particularly well last night. Larsson may take his place next game. It's not that I don't have a problem with Larsson sitting. It's that your reasoning and my reasoning for why that's taking place are completely different.

I've said time and time again that if they all prove they belong that it will likely be cleared up via trade.

we've been hearing this for what, 5 years now?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
my problem with trading Larsson now is

A) his value could not be any lower
B) you guys act like whoever we trade him for would actually play. if they traded him for Baertschi you think he cracks the lineup? he won't.

Ben Matlock

Resteriged Uesr
Aug 21, 2007
IF Larsson is traded it should be for pick + forward prospect. Same goes for Brunner. When those two are healthy and sitting, you do not need roster players coming back.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
we've been hearing this for what, 5 years now?

With these 4 young d-men on the roster? Not even close. It's an entirely different situation now.

What's ridiculous also is the amount of over reaction before people see how this plays out. Larsson is ok. He's not being abused. He's fine. Everyone needs to settle down. He'll likely play here or maybe somewhere else. We have what seems to be a phenominal future on D. Just enjoy it.

The entire management has a complete awareness of the situation, and more information than any of us. People need to stop and realize how ridiculous the conspiracy theories, and claims of xenophobia and senility sound, relax, and wait to see how this transpires.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

B) you guys act like whoever we trade him for would actually play. if they traded him for Baertschi you think he cracks the lineup? he won't.

A) It could get lower if the few games he does play don't go that well and he gets benched again. A few years back I didn't think Schenn could return JVR but that happened. GM's could easily see the value Larsson brings and while they wouldn't clean house for him, a young defenseman like himself that has all that potential could still net something relatively big.

B) No, they wouldn't play right away. Thankfully a player like Baertschi is 22. Do you expect Elias to play forever? Jagr? Zubrus? Ryder? Hell, Clowe is one concussion away from possible retirement. Our forwards, especially some of our top forwards are very old. Getting a young forward with good potential like Baertschi, or someone else but he popped into my head right way, is a massive step forward in ensuring the forward corps is absolute doomed in the next few years.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006

This, right here, shows your predisposition to criticism and negativity before even seeing the way something plays out. Neither you nor I know what Larsson would be traded for, but yet the sky is already falling prior to any hypothetical trade.

This forum seriously needs to just chill and enjoy a good, season opening, much needed, win.

DevilinDC

Mar 22, 2014
So quick question:
I'm reading a lot of trade Larsson talk and many people are suggesting that trading him now is a bad idea b/c his value is low.
Maybe, just maybe, that the plan is to trade one of the other three. If you were in trade talks, or floating the idea, wouldn't you be showcasing the defensemen you're planning on possibly trading and not the one you're keeping?
Thoughts?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
So quick question:
I'm reading a lot of trade Larsson talk and many people are suggesting that trading him now is a bad idea b/c his value is low.
Maybe, just maybe, that the plan is to trade one of the other three. If you were in trade talks, or floating the idea, wouldn't you be showcasing the defensemen you're planning on possibly trading and not the one you're keeping?
Thoughts?

I think Gelinas makes most sense.

DevilinDC

Mar 22, 2014
From my brief history reading these boards, I've seen that there is usually a lot griping and complaining about this/that move (in Larssons case it's been probably deserved as well as the debacle last season) but in the end, we usually say, "wow lou brilliant." have faith folks

(though I'm still not sold on Schneider)

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
With these 4 young d-men on the roster? Not even close. It's an entirely different situation now.

What's ridiculous also is the amount of over reaction before people see how this plays out. Larsson is ok. He's not being abused. He's fine. Everyone needs to settle down. He'll likely play here or maybe somewhere else. We have what seems to be a phenominal future on D. Just enjoy it.

The entire management has a complete awareness of the situation, and more information than any of us. People need to stop and realize how ridiculous the conspiracy theories, and claims of xenophobia and senility sound, relax, and wait to see how this transpires.

Do you work for the government? Because this all sounds so familiar. :D

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
I'm sorry I'm not going questions the decision making of a guy who sends Stephen Gionta to take a defensive zone penalty kill draw with four seconds to go in a period. I have enough information myself to know that is a bad decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad