Devils refuse to pull goalie to stop Ovechkin from milestone

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I'm all for competitive spirit and not giving things easy to the opponent. But instead of allowing their players to practice a possible playoff scenario (down 2 goals) they keep the goalie in net and concede the game so Ovechkin doesn't reach his milestone.

There is no saying that Ovi would even score, but what's with the Devils coach taking this approach?
So in any of the other 82 games where people didn't go easy on Ovi because there was no milestone was a problem then too right? I mean just because the context changes doesn't mean you have to bow down to be on the wrong end of a highlight reel.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Gretzky scored 50 in 39 games against a Flyers team that was classy enough to pull their goalie.

Pfft Devils.. such a micky mouse organization.

:sarcasm:

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Saturday night Ottawa (eliminated from playoffs) was trailing Boston by two goals and they pulled off their goalie in hopes to even the score even tho the final score would not have changed anything to them.

So...I kinda get that OP is questioning Devils not pulling their goalie, but the reason is futile.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
So just so I'm clear - we're now allowed to post baseless nonsense threads on the main boards with false, inflammatory titles?

I can’t believe this joke of a thread is still going. How much bull**** needs to be posted in here before a mod actually does their job?

Seems awfully selective doesn't it?

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
I would've rather practiced the 6 on 5. If Ovi gets 50 then he gets 50. I don't care

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
doesn't matter...he will reach it next season

what he needs to though is visit a dentist asap

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
You would have thought they would have pulled the goalie to try and tie the game to avoid the sweep the Lightning are about to put on them. But whatever, hope they are happy with the 4 maybe 5 extra games they will get this year. I wouldn't have wanted the Caps to get the 8th seed and play Boston/Tampa. I also would have been annoyed if they had packed it in and accepted their fate when 1 or two points could have gotten them way better seeding.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
You would have thought they would have pulled the goalie to try and tie the game to avoid the sweep the Lightning are about to put on them. But whatever, hope they are happy with the 4 maybe 5 extra games they will get this year. I wouldn't have wanted the Caps to get the 8th seed and play Boston/Tampa. I also would have been annoyed if they had packed it in and accepted their fate when 1 or two points could have gotten them way better seeding.

Hope you enjoy another early exit from the playoffs lol.

What's sad is the game was relatively close while we were sitting Hall, Palmieri, Vatanen and Zajac.

Bitter Caps fan is bitter, then again I would be too if the franchise I rooted for choked as much as the Caps do.

Reactions: daveskirtun

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
I feel the same way, Rangers should have pulled Hank the last game and allowed Flyers Raffl to score 37 goals so he could hit 50 also...I will never forgive them!

#NYRClassless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad