Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Keith Kinkaid 2 years (700k+750k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
My point is that I think getting Cory was a mistake. We were on our way to a rebuild and we should have waited for more pieces before getting him. I don't think he's the key to our next cup and I don't think he'll have the success that you guys are predicting. We'll see who is right in the next few years.

I'm not emotionally tied to Schneider either. Seems like a great guy and a great puckstopper but he doesn't fit here. At this stage of his career, he should be on a top 10 team competing for a cup year in & year out and not languishing on this jalopy of sadness.

Last edited:

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not emotionally tied to Schneider either. Seems like a great guy and a great puckstopper but he doesn't fit here. At this stage of his career, he should be on a top 10 team competing for a cup year in & year out and not languishing on this jalopy of sadness.

Agreed. The bottom line is that he will be 30 next year, and this team is nowhere near competing for a cup. Having Nichushkin, Domi, Mantha, Lazar, etc. would be so much more valuable to this team given our current situation.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Agreed. The bottom line is that he will be 30 next year, and this team is nowhere near competing for a cup. Having Nichushkin, Domi, Mantha, Lazar, etc. would be so much more valuable to this team given our current situation.

No it wouldn't, because Schneider is worth more than all of those guys right now.

Schneider's value has really appreciated the last two years given his continued strong play and new contract. The Devils could get a kings ransom for him.

It was a brilliant move by Lou any way you slice it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Schneider hasn't even started 200 games in his career yet. He may be 29 years old, but its not like he has the normal wear and tear of a normal ~30 year old goalie

for example- Johnathan Quick is essentially the same age as Schneider and has twice as many starts (not including all the playoff games too)

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
No it wouldn't, because Schneider is worth more than all of those guys right now.

Schneider's value has really appreciated the last two years given his continued strong play and new contract. The Devils could get a kings ransom for him.

I doubt Lou will trade Schneider though. But you're right the Devils could get a ton of value from a team like Tampa or Anaheim for him.

Hopefully the Devils don't waste Schneider's elite play one way or another.

Kinkaid's a good backup not nervous with him in net.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
Schneider hasn't even started 200 games in his career yet. He may be 29 years old, but its not like he has the normal wear and tear of a normal ~30 year old goalie

for example- Johnathan Quick is essentially the same age as Schneider and has twice as many starts (not including all the playoff games too)

The prime years for goaltenders are not the same as forwards or defensemen either. The best seasons from Brodeur and Hasek came in their 30s. Guys like Thomas came out of nowhere and dominate in their mid to late 30s.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

I would agree with you, but the issue is that Lou isn't trading Schneider because he's delusional about the state of his team. If Lou shopped Schneider, I would agree with you. The bottom line is that while Schneider's value to the league as a whole is tremendous, it's not very high to this team because we're not ready to compete now.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

I don't buy the wear and tear argument anyway. People naturally become less athletic and decline in their 30's. Simply because he didn't carry a heavy load isn't going to freeze time. Plus, he was playing between 40 and 60 games a year at BC and in Manitoba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad