Confirmed with Link: Devils re-sign Keith Kinkaid 2 years (700k+750k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I had serious concerns of him wanting to take the Islanders back up job.

Not any reasoning behind it just a hunch.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Honestly I would have rather we hadn't traded for Schneider and made Kinkaid our main goalie. That pick could have gotten us a much needed forward.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Honestly I would have rather we hadn't traded for Schneider and made Kinkaid our main goalie. That pick could have gotten us a much needed forward.

I don't regret the Cory trade. Cory's proven that he can be an elite starting goaltender in the NHL, and he's just entering his prime with less mileage than some other goalies his age. If the Devils wanted to trade him, they could probably get a very good forward in return. Cory's value has only increased since the draft where Lou traded for him, so it's definitely not a bad trade. Not that I want to trade Cory. I think he's a player we need to build around.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
sweet, two more years of fans saying we should trade Cory cause Kinkaid is better

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut

And without Schneider, we'd be a lock for a top-4 pick this year! Too bad.

I really like Keith. I'm glad to potentially have a very reliable backup for two (hopefully?) cheap years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
sweet, two more years of fans saying we should trade Cory cause Kinkaid is better

Or that we could have gotten a starter cheaper like the Isles with Halak (this was said earlier in the season too)...how's that one looking right about now?

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland

Didn't say Kinkaid was better. I said it was unnecessary to trade for Cory. We were not going anywhere with our forwards. By the time we stock the forwards to a point where we can get a good lineup Cory will be too old.

Kinkaid would have been a good hold-over in the meanwhile.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

And we can still get a much needed forward in this upcoming draft. There's a drop off in the top 5, but not as much as everyone is thinking... Kinkaid's numbers in Albany were good but they weren't "hey this guy will definitely be a decent NHL goalie good." Plus he had limited games this season, there'd be a definite concern about if he could handle a full NHL season.

But all that is moot. We have Schneider, and now we have Kinkaid for two more seasons. I really like this duo, it gives us great goaltending on a consistent basis throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad