GDT: Devils-Rangers preseason finale, MSG/MSG+/NHLN TV coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
If they want to keep Havlat as a LW, I wouldn't mind trying Brunner as the RW on that line instead of Zubrus. Doubt it happens right away but just an idea.

Deleted member 28548

See I don't see it as Brunner dictating anything. I think he's just frustrated and is speaking his mind. I also think it's partially Chere fishing for a story.
Fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. To me it was a big distraction last season when Brodeur took his playing time frustrations to the media in much the same way. Some would argue a future hall of famer has earned this right, but its once again putting yourself ahead of the team. Preseason is all about players fighting for open roster spots making the most of the ice time you get. Its not a time to rock the boat imo.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Our defense is going to surprise a lot of people...even some of our own fans.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Fair enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this. To me it was a big distraction last season when Brodeur took his playing time frustrations to the media in much the same way. Some would argue a future hall of famer has earned this right, but its once again putting yourself ahead of the team. Preseason is all about players fighting for open roster spots making the most of the ice time you get. Its not a time to rock the boat imo.

It's also a little bit bigger deal when Brodeur does it then when some who cares role player like Brunner or Tallinder does it.

And who's to say Brunner hasn't gone to the coaching staff already? Clearly he's been frustrated by not playing on more than one occasion.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

Can the guy not even speak his mind? People are way too sensitive.

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
I'm totally clueless as to what the opening night lineup will be. Obviously the top 3 lines look pretty set, but I don't know if they're gonna stick, and I'm sure Deboer is thinking the same thing. So what forwards are possibles to go up on the top 3? Maybe Gomez, Ruutu or Brunner? Boucher may have been there if it wasn't so easy to send him down.

Considering that there were scouts there for the game, I'd imagine that Brunner and Ruutu are on their radar. One of the young dmen might be a target too. Merril is the only one I would consider untouchable, and I'd imagine the team feels the same way.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Can the guy not even speak his mind? People are way too sensitive.

I really don't care at all about this faux controversy but No, a guy can't speak his mind, not at all, especially not in the media.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The scouts could be watching our PTO's too lol (well just Tootoo tonight)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Boucher-Henrique-Ryder was miles better than Clowe-Henrique-Ryder.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I really don't care at all about this faux controversy but No, a guy can't speak his mind, not at all, especially not in the media.

It's not the olden days anymore. Guys actually do speak their minds all around the league. Good players, bad players, great players, scrubs. They all do it. You literally can't say a word without it being heard and tweeted by someone. Cory complained last season. Elias has been vocal about being frustrated. It happens. And the media tries really hard to get this frustration out of player.

It's not a big deal. It's being way overblown. Frankly, I can't blame Brunner. For the player he is, he is not being put in a situation to succeed at all. Guys like him, like Ryder, they are streaky players. They need to get time with good players, and you just have to deal with the streakyness. But no, our coach believes it's better to be talentless and continually try hard while sucking than to be a streaky, talented player that goes through slumps. In this NHL, you have to deal with some of that.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Everybody in the league knows we have 14 forwards already, plus the three guys on tryout contracts. It's not surprising scouts might be looking at us, knowing we have moves to be made either through waivers or trade. Who knows, maybe they weren't even looking at us. Maybe they were looking at somebody on the Rangers.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
Devils are on the power play again...

Stormtrooper_on_Ice_by_GavinTheBard.jpg

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
So you'd rather have Zubrus in the top 9 than Brunner?

I was saying that as I think Pete has slotted him in there. If Brunner -Elias - Havlat could prove to not be a pushover line then I would absolutely be fine with that. I'm not one that looks at salaries to determine where a player should play.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
playing Clowe cause their paying Clowe stupid money.

clowe's contract is horrible, but i dont mind him as a player. just not a fan of that line in general either and the fact that they failed last season makes me scratch my head when considering why pete has them together again.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Loving that Merrill looks like a vet already. Continuing his success from last year. Kid is special.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's only preseason. Leave their board over there.

Good for Lars tonight. I agree with Jim. I think the defense will surprise people and I think the amount it contributes to goals will really surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad