GDT: Devils-Rangers preseason finale, MSG/MSG+/NHLN TV coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Full Devils lineup:

Forwards: Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr, Havlat-Elias-Zubrus, Clowe-Henrique-Ryder, Ruutu-Gionta-Tootoo

Defense: Greene-Merrill, Salvador-Larsson, Gelinas-Severson

Goalies: Schnieder (starter), Clemmensen

And the Rangers' lineup (per TG):

Forwards: J.T. Miller. Ryan Malone, Dominic Moore, Ryan Haggerty, Matthew Lombardi, Marek Hrivik, Oscar Lindberg, Kevin Hayes, Carl Hagelin, Anthony Duclair, Chris Mueller, Jesper Fast.

Defense: Michael Kostka, Dan Girardi, Kevin Klein, John Moore, Matt Hunwick, Steven Kampfer.

Goalies: Cam Talbot (starter), Henrik Lundqvist (backup).

Three days till rosters have to be finalized, five days till the opener in Philly!

Last edited:

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Full Devils lineup:

Forwards: Cammalleri-Zajac-Jagr, Havlat-Elias-Zubrus, Clowe-Henrique-Ryder, Ruutu-Gionta-Tootoo

Defense: Greene-Merrill, Salvador-Larsson, Gelinas-Severson

Goalies: Schnieder (starter), Kinkaid

And the Rangers' lineup:

Forwards: J.T. Miller. Ryan Malone, Dominic Moore, Ryan Haggerty, Matthew Lombardi, Marek Hrivik, Oscar Lindberg, Kevin Hayes, Carl Hagelin, Anthony Duclair, Chris Mueller, Jesper Fast.

Defensemen: Michael Kostka, Dan Girardi, Kevin Klein, John Moore, Matt Hunwick, Steven Kampfer.

Goaltender: Cam Talbot (starter), Henrik Lundqvist (backup).

Three days till rosters have to be finalized, five days till the opener in Philly!

Great. Can't wait. Haven't watched a tv game for close to a week.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
i like salvador with larsson as a pairing. IMO that was when larsson was playing his best hockey during his rookie season was next to salvador. but that leaves gelinas-zidlicky, which would i think would either be great or a trainwreck (no middle ground). but as far as the forward lineup goes, swap gionta/tootoo for gomez/brunner and i like it.

kevinchoi

Sep 22, 2014
Newark
no helgeson or harrold tonight ? would one assume perhaps helgeson and harrold are being sent to albany with hope no one picks up harrold ?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
We get a good look at Duclair tonight.
Be prepared to be aggrevated knowing we could have drafted him. :-(

Hopig Tootoo plays a great game to force Lou to waive Bernier.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's a few hundred good players in the league we 'could have drafted' and so could everyone else in the league, this self-loathing really has to stop already. We've got our own kids playing well in camp and close to the big show too, the complaining over what we don't have is pointless.

Status Quo*

*insert great player here* we could have had him!!! Fricken Conte smh

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
There's a few hundred good players in the league we 'could have drafted' and so could everyone else in the league, this self-loathing really has to stop already. We've got our own kids playing well in camp and close to the big show too, the complaining over what we don't have is pointless.

I'll let it die due to popular opinion, but, aside from Boucher, what other kid do we have in camp that is gifted offensively?

I am excited with our defensive prospects and have been saying that.

Tonight, it's important that the lines begin to gel, need to be ready at the opening faceoff Thursday night in Philly.

NHL Fanatik*

Zubrus with Elias-Havlat is a waste of space, and Henrique with Clowe-Ryder also makes little sense.

Don't like the forward lineup at all, minus the first line.

NHL Fanatik*

Yes, put Brunner with Henrique somehow and Zubrus is the weak link on the Czech line.

I say trade Brunner. If Gomez makes it we have plenty of passing (Gomez, Clowe, Elias, Havlat, Jagr; Zajac) and we need shooters (Camm, Ryder, Henrique). Also, Brunner does equally as little on defense as Ryder, but at least Ryder can contribute by putting the puck in the net.

I say move Brunner, he is the most attractive piece by far. Either get a pick or a vet D out of it.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Looking at these lineups, this game could be pretty ugly for the Devils. A bunch of vets who know they are on the team vs. a bunch of fast, skilled and motivated kids trying to make a team. How interested will the Devils be in this game I wonder...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Game on NHL network in US for out of market.

Won't look good with all the emptys in the clubs and down low.

We don't care about preseason games in NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad