GDT: Devils-Rangers preseason finale, MSG/MSG+/NHLN TV coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I think Brunner sees the writing on the wall and is a bit mystified as much as anything.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Solid game. Especially happy to see that they actually tried to skate in the offensive zone with the puck rather than to constantly dump and chase it like they did last year.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Solid game. Especially happy to see that they actually tried to skate in the offensive zone with the puck rather than to constantly dump and chase it like they did last year.

They had some pretty nice breakouts and zone entries on the PP that allowed them to set up.

njdevils6

Jan 24, 2013
He's been vocal about not being happy with his minutes as well as not being in the top nine yet in preseason putting himself ahead of the team.

and him saying that the coaches tell him good things he feels great and playing well in practice. i think it is a good thing that he is hungry to prove him self as a key player on the team

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Steve Lepore ‏@stevelepore 12s12 seconds ago
I told Jaromir Jagr he was credited with a hit tonight. His response: "Is the guy in the hospital?"

:laugh: I love Jagr.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
We absolutely sucked at face-offs tonight, although Zajac is usually much better than he was tonight.

Either way, no more Gionta at 4th line center please; i also don't really think Tootoo is an enormous upgrade on Bernier, i don't think we should sign him personally.

Salvador wasn't too bad up until the third, but then he had multiple awful blunders in the space of a few minutes, i really think he should be used sparingly this season if possible. Severson looked solid, i'd like to see him given a chance with the big club.

Deleted member 28548

How dare he want to play more? What an *******.

This place just loves to make mountains out of every mole hill...
Where we disagree is how his frustrations were voiced in the media as opposed to him keeping his mouth shut taking his concerns to the coaching staff. I dont like seeing players complain in the papers in this way and I reckon management would prefer he keep this to himself as well. You dont dictate where and how long you play to the media.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The biggest win tonight was apparently getting out of it injury free.

Cory looked solid, even if it was basically vs Hartford.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Where we disagree is how his frustrations were voiced in the media as opposed to him keeping his mouth shut taking his concerns to the coaching staff. I dont like seeing players complain in the papers in this way.

yeah Lou doesnt care for this either
and how do you complain about ice time before the season even starts?
and to say "it's frustrating, I feel like I'm going nowhere" isnt exactly a positive statement

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Seeing that we know all NHL teams should expect injuries, let alone one of the oldest, I'd like if we waived and sent down both Gionta and Bernier so that we can use them as injury call ups and not regular 4th liners. That enables our "skilled" 4th liners to slide up into open spots due to injuries.

Ruutu - Gomez - Brunner for the 4th line

Josefson, Carter as extras

NHL Fanatik*

Seeing that we know all NHL teams should expect injuries, let alone one of the oldest, I'd like if we waived and sent down both Gionta and Bernier so that we can use them as injury call ups and not regular 4th liners. That enables our "skilled" 4th liners to slide up into open spots due to injuries.

Ruutu - Gomez - Brunner for the 4th line

Josefson, Carter as extras

So you'd rather have Zubrus in the top 9 than Brunner?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
F
Gionta did more than alright, he was one of the best forwards on the ice tonight. Bad was just not even close to reality, for him tonight anyway.

Agree. He was skating hard, created multiple chances and was solid on the Pk.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Where we disagree is how his frustrations were voiced in the media as opposed to him keeping his mouth shut taking his concerns to the coaching staff. I dont like seeing players complain in the papers in this way and I reckon management would prefer he keep this to himself as well. You dont dictate where and how long you play to the media.

See I don't see it as Brunner dictating anything. I think he's just frustrated and is speaking his mind. I also think it's partially Chere fishing for a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad