Post-Game Talk: devils @ Rangers -- 4/17/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Probably trying to block a shot but he did more good than bad. Was he responsible for Subban being wide open?

wouldn't think a defenseman would be responsible for covering another defenseman even at 4 on 4, should be the winger or center...

Seems like a rookie mistake kind of thing where he's just off his mark positioning wise and not totally at the right angle

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
EzMs6N-UUAIIEqH

Got news for you, folks, that guy at the top of the list is no f***ing Jannetty.

That's Owen.
Wow panarin had an awful game i guess.

Seriously, the formulas are broken af for these charts. Why bother posting this useless charts game after game. It just shows how awful some advanced stats are for hockey

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, the Rangers were 5th in the league last year at 3.32 goals per game and this year they're 6th right now at 3.30 goals per game.

They were more consistent last year though, didn't have the goal outbursts last year and didn't have any shutouts and this year they have 3. But comparing the goals against would be comical.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Wow panarin had an awful game i guess.

Seriously, the formulas are broken af for these charts. Why bother posting this useless charts game after game. It just shows how awful some advanced stats are for hockey

In particular the problem is that a single game is such a small sample that it blows your random error through the roof.

I don't know why people who are proficient in stats share single game charts. It's like presenting a quantitative study with an "N" of six and trying to draw causal inference.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
BTW, the Rangers were 5th in the league last year at 3.32 goals per game and this year they're 6th right now at 3.30 goals per game.

They were more consistent last year though, didn't have the goal outbursts last year and didn't have any shutouts and this year they have 3. But comparing the goals against would be comical.

Rangers actually have 5 SO's this year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Would losing tomorrow be acceptable since we'll have Georgiev in net? I feel like before the Islanders laid an egg twice we would have been ok with 6 points out 8 in these 4 games. Psychologically it's just really hard to beat a team 4 times in a row.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Would losing tomorrow be acceptable since we'll have Georgiev in net? I feel like before the Islanders laid an egg twice we would have been ok with 6 points out 8 in these 4 games. Psychologically it's just really hard to beat a team 4 times in a row.

No, it won't be acceptable because they are still the much better team regardless of who is in net. The playoffs are still a longshot and we need all the points we can get especially with Boston playing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca