Post-Game Talk: devils @ Rangers -- 4/17/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
CT’s funny. People in Fairfield County are NY fans. You go up north a bit and you see a lot of Boston/Pats fans.
qOsKyhuJuCfSlXLl9VwPyCkxAV2CpNeOk2ge6AZUOgZCj-S0ybZIPrphFuKjUN2yYSlaJ9R82NFzSHg4_iAx6iQHJz6FjA

Yeah. It's like NJ once you hit Belmar on the Garden State with Philly lol

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
This is the second time in the last 3 games where some loser Devils fan came onto our board to be like “well actually our team is great” after getting their ass beat. Their obsession with our team is undefeated

I'm assuming it's the same one from the other night since I can't see their posts.

EDIT: Just saying, it has never once occurred to me to post anything on a rival team's board - not even a 'coming in peace... you guys gave us a hell of a game...' thing. At most, I've posted on non rival's boards when they picked someone in the draft I was really high on or thought was a steal. I don't get what you're supposed to get out of trolling another fanbase after they've beaten you. To me, it's like walking into someone else's house and taking a shit in the middle of the living room.

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Devils board used to have a lot of really good, fair, insightful posters.

They've been drowned out more recently. Board has trended the same way their team has over the past decade.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
NJ is fine, thanks for asking. They have been an above average even strength team all year, which is really remarkable considering the whole team had COVID, is young, and they play in a very tough division. Special teams have killed them but that is less important than the 5v5 process. Young players like Hughes, Bratt, Smith, Sharangovich, and Kuokkanen have been really impressive.

special teams are just as important as 5v5 and what often determines who makes the playoffs and who doesn't. If your team is bottom 3rd in PP and PK you have no shot no matter how good 5v5. I do like the 5 players you mentioned though.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
special teams are just as important as 5v5 and what often determines who makes the playoffs and who doesn't. If your team is bottom 3rd in PP and PK you have no shot no matter how good 5v5. I do like the 5 players you mentioned though.
Special teams are important year to year, but theyre not as repeatable as 5v5 play

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
This is a very good question.

This season feels different for several reasons even if the results on the ice dont indicate an improvement.

1) Under Hynes, the Devils were piss poor 5v5, had an elite PK, and the PP was largely average based on results. Devils have controlled play on average in a tough division. This is with the whole team having COVID and Nico missing 4/5 of the season.

2) Jack Hughes put behind a pretty "meh" rookie season and is looking like a star in the making; Jesper Bratt is scoring at a borderline first line level even with poor shooting luck; Ty Smith looks like a top pair dman; Sharangovich and Kuokkanen are U23 and top 9ers. The point, the strong 5v5 play is driven by their future.

3) Blackwood is having a pretty poor season but had COVID and was overworked. Has a track record of looking like a very good goalie.

upload_2021-4-17_16-29-53.png

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Outside of Panarin’s line and a couple shifts by Zibanejad’s, we really didn’t have anything going at 5-5. Would like to see them switch up the lines besides panarin-strome-blackwell
It won’t happen. Unfortunately the only thing getting changed is who’s in net.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I wouldn't mind seeing

Kakko-Z-B
same 2nd line
Laf-Chytil-Kravtsov
Kreider-Rooney-Gauthier
Personally I think
Laf-Mika-Buch
Panarin-Strome-Krav
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko
Rooney-Blackwell-Gauthier
Gives us the best balance of playing the young guys and better depth scoring

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
I'm assuming it's the same one from the other night since I can't see their posts.

EDIT: Just saying, it has never once occurred to me to post anything on a rival team's board - not even a 'coming in peace... you guys gave us a hell of a game...' thing. At most, I've posted on non rival's boards when they picked someone in the draft I was really high on or thought was a steal. I don't get what you're supposed to get out of trolling another fanbase after they've beaten you. To me, it's like walking into someone else's house and taking a shit in the middle of the living room.
It was actually another one which is pretty astounding. Guess your lucky to have them blocked lmao

Reactions: Kaapo di tutti capi

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
We let up and let it get too close but it’s a win and we were the better team. It’s not surprising that after scoring 11 straight goals against them we started taking the game for granted. Nor is it surprising that after finally scoring against us they got a lift.

The main thing is we won. Now all we have to do is close these four games out tomorrow.

Reactions: leetch99

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This is the second time in the last 3 games where some loser Devils fan came onto our board to be like “well actually our team is great” after getting their ass beat. Their obsession with our team is undefeated

That's because both them and Piles fans know where this team is headed and the enormous young talent we have and is still to come. Fun times ahead.

FireGerardGallant

Mar 19, 2016
That's because both them and Piles fans know where this team is headed and the enormous young talent we have and is still to come. Fun times ahead.
The funny thing is so do the Devils. They got some nice pieces going ahead which I get was the point of that fans post but like at the same time does he think anyone here actually cares. I've never thought after we lose to go post on the winners board about how great Adam Fox is. Just seems silly

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I knew strome would get scored on 4v4. The sooner the coaching staff realizes strome is not an all situations player the better. Not trying to hate on strome but he needs to be used properly.

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
was Laf even playing today? I didn't see him on ice at all...

Lafreniere had a bad game. He seemed to kill the play whenever he touched the puck. There were some good plays from Kakko and Chytil, but they couldn’t get much going. They also had some trouble getting up the ice, particularly when out there with Smith and Hajek. There was a big difference when they were out with another D pairing.

Reactions: romba and CLW

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
I knew strome would get scored on 4v4. The sooner the coaching staff realizes strome is not an all situations player the better. Not trying to hate on strome but he needs to be used properly.

I hope Miller learned a lesson on the 4 on 4 goal. I have no idea why he thought he could stand directly in front of his goaltender.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So I want to point out that us losing a lot of one goal games is a bit of false argument about why our record isn't as good as it should. That's a function of two things, being bad in OT this season (but we haven't lost an inordinate amount of games there and we still got a point) and the fact that we're probably at the top of the league in empty net goals. I can only thing of one game where we were up by a goal and didn't score an empty net goal and won by 1, a 3-2 win against Buffalo. Now we did have one game where we won in OT after not scoring into the empty net and allowing a last second goal (also Buffalo). For some reason and I think it's due to how good they are shorthanded, the Rangers are absolutely money with a goalie pulled. Seems like they're good more years than not in that with a guy like Hagelin and then Grabner. Now Buch has at least 3 empty net goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad