Post-Game Talk: devils @ Rangers -- 4/15/21

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Boo Ruff. He stopped more goals than Blackwood.

Kravy is looking very good out there.

Chytil was a little off today and I think it effected that whole line. I think he's a bit banged up.

Kreider looks like Howden right now. I mean it's crazy how huge his peaks and valleys are at this point in his career.

The Devils are not just bad right now, they're small and lack structure. After trading Zajac and Palmieri the Devils are missing their grit and deftness.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Panarin is the best Rangers forward since Mark Messier. Already passed Jagr. Dude racks up multi point games in his sleep. Just needs a Cup at this point and he’s a Ranger legend.
It really sucks were basically wasting last year and this one for him

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Panarin is the best Rangers forward since Mark Messier. Already passed Jagr. Dude racks up multi point games in his sleep. Just needs a Cup at this point and he’s a Ranger legend.

I was honestly surprised that Jagr had fewer points than Messier in his first 100 games. But Jagr played some of those in the DPE (though most came in the relatively high scoring 05-06season) and Messier played in a higher scoring era.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Valiquette who? 2 now, 1 to go.
He ain't got nothing in me! Lol.
Woohoo. Shame Boston is trying to hang on. Give it up already.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We won. Why do you have to start in?

All the chart says is that, based on shot locations, the Rangers had a better scoring chance differential with Howden on the ice than with Panarin on the ice, again, probably because the game was over for about 50 minutes of play. Despite that, Panarin basically made three goals by himself and nobody is suggesting you ignore that.

Game score, which is compiled by the same people, says Panarin had one of his best games of the season:

EzDwMwzW8AYjqiV

You post a graphic that doesn't seem to be illustrative of much of anything. I look at it and point out something silly about it.

If you don't want me to comment about it, don't post it or just accept that I'll comment on it. No reason for you to be troubled by it.

That's the way a place like this works.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Lindy is a real ass clown for challenging that goal in a 4-0 game. Hopefully Kravtsov takes it personally and pops in three on Saturday.

The Devils look like children on the ice. They are really testing the limits of small and skilled. Big and lumbering ain’t gonna work but you need your guys to at least be man sized. That team might be bad for awhile.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You post a graphic that doesn't seem to be illustrative of much of anything. I look at it and point out something silly about it.

If you don't want me to comment about it, don't post it or just accept that I'll comment on it. No reason for you to be troubled by it.

That's the way a place like this works.
No, it's not "a place like this" it's just you.

It's always just you.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kravtsov looks a million times better then Lafreniere and Kakko. I wonder if he will be the best of the 3.
KHL seasoning. It made a world of a difference for his overall game. If he comes over directly to the nhl to start the year no way he looks even close to as good as he's looked. He's forced DQ to keep him in the lineup because his overall game is good. Best thing that could have happened to Kravy was start in the KHL and not here. I have no doubt.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah, that's why I usually don't post the game score. It's more formula-based and harder to point to things and say "look, this happened."

And it doesn't matter, the same people would take game score be like "Di Giuseppe has a 0.7 but I've been watching hockey for 69 hundred years and he should have a 0.6 based on MY EYES so math should be abolished and I'm really mad now even thought we won 8-0."

Reactions: Richard Banger

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Got to see the game live. What a treat - team played well.

You guys are gonna hate this, but other than Panarin, I thought Jack Hughes was the best skater on the ice for either team. He’s really really good. Once he puts on more muscle and improves his shot he’ll put up 100 in this league one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad