Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I don't understand why the whistle blew on that breakaway. That breakaway was not going endanger the Devils player (forgot who). Why was it whistled?

Gelinas. The same Devil ******* that got away with cross-checking Hagelin in the last minute of the game.

The worst part about it was that the Rangers had just tied the game, had some momentum, and a goal there makes it 3-2. Probably win the game.

Just like in the NFL, these "player safety" rules are going to cost teams wins. It happened tonight.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Any explanation as to why your fans booed as Gelinas was laying on the ice in pain after taking a puck to the face?

That was classless.

I think it's fairly self-explanatory to anyone who isn't being obnoxiously ****ing obtuse.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I agree it probably shouldn't have been blown dead, but what makes some of you so sure Brassard scoring on that breakaway was a sure thing?

obviously its not a sure thing but we'd certainly like the opportunity to score on a breakaway late in the game.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
Am I the only one who thinks John Moore sucks? I haven't seen him play a good game in like a month. It is mind bottling that people are willing to trade MDZ, because he now have John Moore.

Hope McIlrath is ready soon.

I don't think he sucks. But he has been much more disappointing so far this year. Seems like he is struggling a bit more than others in the new defensive system.

member 116805

Brassard has become a big ****ing black cap hole. Where the **** is he. where is the player from last year. disgusting

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You brought nothing to the table other than saying "cave hockey"....speak english. The goal/play was McDonagh's fault as he just alluded to in the interview with Giannone. It wasn't Girardi's fault. G played a good game...again. Just because you, personally have a vendetta against someone, doesn't mean they played bad. You sound ridiculous.

Call it a vendetta if you want. I HATE the way Dan Girardi plays defense. I think it's the dumbest style you can play, causes more damage than good, and is only applicable to a player that doesn't skate well and has a low hockey IQ which pretty much describes Girardi to a T.

People around here love sacrifice. They love shot blocking. It may be admirable but it's 50/50 proposition that is responsible for as many goals as it prevents, and blocking a shot must be done with extreme discretion which Girardi has none of. If it's in the air, he's leaping at it. He doesn't think about anything else at all, particularly how his goaltender is positioned. It's irritating.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Any explanation as to why your fans booed as Gelinas was laying on the ice in pain after taking a puck to the face?

That was classless.

Because the Devils never had possession of the puck when the whistle was blown.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Goal scoring opportunity. Don't think it had anything to do with Gelinas injury.

But the stupidity of some Rangers fans has shocked me before.

Alright, well that answers the question. Fans just got a little too invested in the upcoming offensive chance.

Anyways, I'll leave now.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
I agree it probably shouldn't have been blown dead, but what makes some of you so sure Brassard scoring on that breakaway was a sure thing?

Moot point.

Once you allow something like that slide earlier in the game (Dorsett), you should be consistent in that category, especially if it means the other team has a breakaway.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Call it a vendetta if you want. I HATE the way Dan Girardi plays defense. I think it's the dumbest style you can play, causes more damage than good, and is only applicable to a player that doesn't skate well and has a low hockey IQ which pretty much describes Girardi to a T.

People around here love sacrifice. They love shot blocking. It may be admirable but it's 50/50 proposition that is responsible for as many goals as it prevents, and blocking a shot must be done with extreme discretion which Girardi has none of. If it's in the air, he's leaping at it. He doesn't think about anything else at all, particularly how his goaltender is positioned. It's irritating.

Have to agree. I like Girardi, but the style of D he plays is getting old. Seems like he's almost always involved in a deflection goal that ends up in the net.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY

That was classless.

Referees can't whistle it down when Rangers had the puck and Gelina wasn't endangered in the play. The boo's were to the referees.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Brassard would have scored on that break away because he would have closed his eyes as he shot it.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
A couple of questions - 1) What the hell was Hagelin doing on the 2nd Carter goal? Hagelin had position, and yet he allowed Carter to beat him to the puck. 2) Why are people missing Stepan getting caught out of position on the GWer? Zucc went to Jagr, and Stepan, instead of staying with Zajac, got caught in no man's land.

Frustrating game...still not understanding why the whistle was blown when Gelinas got hit with the puck.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Have to agree. I like Girardi, but the style of D he plays is getting old. Seems like he's almost always involved in a deflection goal that ends up in the net.

I tend to agree. It's nice having that "warrior, shot-blocking attitude" mentality, but he needs to be better positionally rather than throwing himself in front of puck every time.

That being said, McD is still at fault for the 3rd goal.

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
This was a rough one for sure, living in jersey my whole life there isn't a team/fanbase i hate losing to more than the ****ing debbies.

Pulliout needs to be scratched, miller seriously needs to be sent down to the AHL once nash gets back, and brassard has vanished.

It's great to see guys likes step, zucc, hags, and kreider step up when we had some injuries and are missing our #1 offensive threat, but the dissappearing act of some of the other guys has been rough.

Whether or not you want to blame G for that last goal (which I do) I am sick of his defensive game. I would sooner trade him at the deadline than pay him big bucks for the next 5 or 6 years and hope that his flopping in front of pucks defense doesn't seriously injure him and make signing him bite us in the ass.

member 116805

whats brassards cap hit this year?
would be interesting seeing a point per dollar set up for this team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad