Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Hank let up a real head scratcher that really cost us. Thought we were the more dominant team for most Of the game. Seemed like we scored to make it 2-2 then just kind of sat back and the Devils took it to us. They played hard at the end and got a good bounce. Two games in a row they haven't looked all that good. Getting Nash back and poo gone will be big.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Completely undeserved loss thanks to an atrocious icing call where the PUCK was ahead of the red line, and an "injury" that took a breakaway away from the Rangers.

Devils had the game handed to them.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
he was probably not even the most or 2nd most to blame on the goal but i ****ing hate when girardi is on the ice next to the net. just play the man and stick in that situation and trust that henke can save a shot. u take urself out of the play when ur lying on the ice.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Devils scored 3 garbage goals, and had the refs and bounces on their side... Rangers also had trouble clearing the zone (McD in particular)...

Maybe it's because Pyatt isn't in? :p

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
That second goal was absolutely killer. All-around soft play by Hank, Hagelin, and G (in that order).

One line played well tonight. Pouliot is a disaster. Where was Miller tonight? Oh yeah, overmatched.

Hate losing to the Devils.

Have to be better.

Hank was great outside of that putrid second goal. Brodeur was terrible on the Rangers first goal too.

Brodeur was the difference for sure, but Hank was very good.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
With as many chances as the Rangers got, two goals isn't going to cut it.

People can blame Lundqvist for that second goal but he was sharp otherwise. It'd be nice if the team picked him up.

That power play tonight...I thought Torts and Mike Sullivan were back.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Terrible luck and Lundqvist forgot this wasn't the playoffs and gave up a disgusting goal. Seriously he should apologize to the team. That was a ****ing disgrace. We dominated that game.

I'm sure he'll be the first to admit he should've had the 2nd goal.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Guys, Rangers aren't going to win every single game. They had a mediocre first period, but they played very well in the 2nd/3rd.

Hank got outplayed. Devils got some real lucky bounces. It happens. Don't dwell on it..

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Hard fought tight checking game. Sucks to lose but you can't really say it was an unfair result. I'd say overall the Rangers were better but the bounces didn't go their way.

Oh well. Can't win them all. Still ahead of them in the standings.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Only a matter of time before Girardi's ape mentality of "Dan see shot, Dan jump at shot" cost us a game.

You're kidding i hope. Because if you knew a thing about hockey then you'd know that was a product of a terrible read by McDonagh late in a game. He should've been backing up to have an even 2-on-2.

They lost due to a terrible pass by Mashinter, a bad read by McDonagh then a bad goal by Henrik, and another bad read by McDonagh.

They are a better team than the Devils.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
That might as well have been a game from 2012 ECF. Marty channeling his younger self, PP sucking, Carter and the Devils 4th line owning.

Although the Rangers PP looks better this year, they still struggle against top penalty killing teams. The Devils aggressive PK shut them down as did Montreal a few weeks ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad