Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Crucify 3 guys to excuse Girardi's cave hockey. Typical.

The fact is Girardi did his job by blocking the shot on a 2 on 1 but obviously you are not interested in talking about why the 2 on 1 occurred because it takes away from your typical narrative on blaming everything on either Girardi or DZ. But that's not surprising coming from you, your claim to fame on these boards is your hate for Girardi and DZ, nothing else.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Tough loss, Marty was great, Hank let in a softie, still 7-3 in the last 10 without there best forward, who is on the road back. Next three are tough games, wonder what weekend game Talbot will play?

Pastafazul*

girardi, could have scored as many as he was part of giving up! its time to move on with girardi, he's given all he could, nice guy but he's killin this team!

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Completely undeserved loss thanks to an atrocious icing call where the PUCK was ahead of the red line, and an "injury" that took a breakaway away from the Rangers.

Devils had the game handed to them.

I don't understand why the whistle blew on that breakaway. That breakaway was not going endanger the Devils player (forgot who). Why was it whistled?

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Blowing glorious scoring chances and blatant defensive gaffes continue to plague this team. In my opinion, we need a healthy Nash, another goal scoring winger and a crease clearing dman before this team can truly contend.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Am I the only one who thinks John Moore sucks? I haven't seen him play a good game in like a month. It is mind bottling that people are willing to trade MDZ, because he now have John Moore.

Hope McIlrath is ready soon.

Saying he sucks is dumb. He's definitely struggled as of late, though. He's still young. Barely played 100 games at the NHL level. He's got great physical tools and is an effortless skater. I really hope the Rangers are patient with him.

Drewbackatu*

Almost every bounce, whistle or whatever was in the Devil's favor, but whatever. A horrible goal by Henrik and inability to capitalize on the PP.

Joke.

Here's the thing; Brodeur was easily the best player on the ice and their pk took our pp right out of the game. Personally, I don't think AV should have take Kreider off the first pp unit and that Chinese firedrill in front of Hank on that winning goal was priceless!

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
it's been years of watching Girardi stand brain dead in front of lundqvist while he gets score on. management is insane if they give this guy big $.

he cannot handle the pressure.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don't understand why the whistle blew on that breakaway. That breakaway was not going endanger the Devils player (forgot who). Why was it whistled?

What I wanna know is why was the whistle was blown for that play but when Dorsett got drilled in the face with a puck earlier it wasn't blown.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Girardi was ass but McDonagh got caught being aggressive in the neutral
Zone and on Zubrus' toe drag. The puck never should have gotten to Zubrus.

Championship*

Belle Centre next, so that's an automatic loss. They REALLY needed this game. Not there yet. Not anywhere even close to where they need to be.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Any explanation as to why your fans booed as Gelinas was laying on the ice in pain after taking a puck to the face?

That was classless.

Goal scoring opportunity. Don't think it had anything to do with Gelinas injury.

But the stupidity of some Rangers fans has shocked me before.

Drewbackatu*

That might as well have been a game from 2012 ECF. Marty channeling his younger self, PP sucking, Carter and the Devils 4th line owning.

Although the Rangers PP looks better this year, they still struggle against top penalty killing teams. The Devils aggressive PK shut them down as did Montreal a few weeks ago.

Bingo! Right on the money.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
It's not only the third goal. G is also a little responsible for that 2nd goal. He did allow a few players to go around/past him because he either tried a lame attempt for a hit or he tried to do a pathetic poke check..or he was just out of position.

I'm not trying to pin the loss on him but he did look like crap out there quite a few times.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
I agree it probably shouldn't have been blown dead, but what makes some of you so sure Brassard scoring on that breakaway was a sure thing?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
kreider had another good game at least. he genuinely looks like a very good 1st liner this year. hes near a PPG this season and hes really not even getting much luck with the goal scoring.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Any explanation as to why your fans booed as Gelinas was laying on the ice in pain after taking a puck to the face?

That was classless.

OH! There's that word.

Probably because Brassard was in the middle of a breakaway, and Dorsett took a puck to the face about 5 minutes earlier, and nothing happened.

Refs discretion, yada, yada, yada. I'm not gonna call 18000 people "classless" for booing that. Would have happened at any arena, including Newark.

Not saying I agree with the booing, just explaining it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad