Post-Game Talk: Devils @ Rangers 11/12/13

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
But it is just one game. Yea yea theyre our rivals blah blah blah, I get it. Ultimately its just one game. Not to mention take a look at the ROW right now. Were 2nd in ROW by 1 game to the Pens. I like our chances going forward, especially getting our best scorer back very soon.

Well the points system is another story. We have 9 wins, 9 losses and we're tied with the Canes who have 7 wins, 11 loses.

Don't even get me started.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
McDonagh came back and forced the guy into the slot on his backhand where all he could do was force a weak shot into Lundqvist pads. Then Girardi happened.

McDonagh did no such thing. Go watch it again. McDonagh, because he was out of position to begin with, let up the 2on1, and was trying to recover... ended up overskating his man. He ended up on the OTHER side of G when the shot was taken.

The initial break was McDonagh's fault but he came back and broke up the play. If Girardi leaves well enough alone instead of jumping in front of that shot, Hank catches a pee wee backhander and nobody is even talking about that play right now.

Hockey is a team sport. Very rarely is something one guy's fault. But that play was done until Girardi blocked the puck.

You don't play the game assuming the opposing players suck. What if it wasn't a "peewee backhander"? What if it was a hard shot? If you're waiting until after the shot is taken to decide to try to block it, you are going to fail.

The shot was coming from the slot. Prime scoring area. I want my dman trying to block that shot every ****ing time if he has the time and room. G had the time, and the room. And he made the block. And it would have been a fine block if it hadn't bounced off of MCDONAGH back to the front of the net. Eyes. They're tough to work.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Really don't think it was too strong of a game for the Rangers. Not terrible, but not one you would put in the "they deserved that one" category.

Hate losing to the Devils.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You don't play the game assuming the opposing players suck. What if it wasn't a "peewee backhander"? If you're waiting until after the shot is taken to decide to try to block it, you are going to fail.

The shot was coming from the slot. Prime scoring area. I want my dman trying to block that shot every ****ing time if he has the time and room. G had the time, and the room. And he made the block. And it would have been a fine block if it hadn't bounced off of MCDONAGH back to the front of the net. Eyes. They're tough to work.

It was a backhander. Unless Crosby or Datsyuk is shooting, a backhander should be left to your goalie. Most of them are easy stops if unscreened. There's a reason guys move to their forehand at every opportunity.

Of course Hank let one in tonight and like most backhanders it shouldn't have gone in. But I doubt that happens twice.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Good luck the rest of the way guys. You were the better team everywhere except the scoreboard.

Exactly how I felt. We made mistakes on all 3 goals. Mashinter made a terrible play/pass on the first one. Mcdonagh pinched late in the 2nd to keep a bouncing puck in the zone and missed...Hagelin chases Carter but gets beat to the puck and doesn't challenge him much...Henrik lets in a very soft goal. McDonagh makes a terrible read with 3 minutes left and it turns into a goal. They were the better team.

Richter Scale

Aug 4, 2012
It was a backhander. Unless Crosby or Datsyuk is shooting, a backhander should be left to your goalie. Most of them are easy stops if unscreened. There's a reason guys move to their forehand at every opportunity.

Of course Hank let one in tonight and like most backhanders it shouldn't have gone in. But I doubt that happens twice.

These are NHL players. Any shot from the slot should be treated as if it is a dangerous scoring opportunity. Mind boggling. Agree to disagree.

EEL

Sep 18, 2008
HHI
DG needs to work on his rebound control.
Bodies in front of Marty wouldn't hurt either.

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
Been to three games this season, still haven't seen them win.

Guess I'm not going on Sunday.

Last edited:

member 116805

so hes got a little headache big deal. guy makes more money than anyone else and only has 3 ****ing points!!!!

:sarcasm:

Just cash it in ey! Cant wait to see Stamkos play on one leg btw.
Dude makes way too much to take time off

Championship*

First goal. Rangers don't score the first goal and it's incredibly hard for them to win. Nothing changes 'round here, been that way for years and years...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We play next week in the venue we get dominated all the time since what seems like that 5-0 blown lead in 2008. Then we play one of the best teams in the league looking for revenge. Losing this game was ****ing awful. I'll be surprised if we're not 9-11 after the next 2. You just can't lose games like this. Just heart breaking. Play so well and are staring at 9-11. This was just inexcusable.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
To quote myself from every PGT: "played well, but need to fix the defensive brainfarts"

One thing that really bothers me is Lundqvist constantly covering pucks that he should let our defensemen play. Causes so many unnecessary defensive zone faceoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad