3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m still not happy with two of the devils goals actually. Coleman blindsided Fox to get a free parking spot in front to make an easy deflection goal. Should have been a penalty and blown dead.

the third one no one has seen go over the line. Total bullshit goal. Amazed by it.

by the way the expected goals? The high danger chances? When you have a goalie in control that eats pucks and doesn’t kick rebounds into the slot all night. That kills a play and limits those long shifts with second and third and fourth chances because he can control his saves those graphs start to look different.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Next few games are going to tough as hell... They'll most likely be put in their place by the best in the East/West.

If they can somehow hang it'll be a small miracle

Reactions: leetch99

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
So I didn't catch the game until this morning, and was watching it basically on mute. How on earth was that 3rd Devils goal called a goal? Obviously I didn't hear any of the explanations, but I can't fathom any explanation that would make sense. What did I miss?

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
Donnie's been watching the Rangers play D.

21042519_1746971548937367_6654231357549445120_n.jpg

Reactions: Machinehead

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Always fun beating the Devils haha
Am I the only Rangers fan with zero hatred for the Devils and Islanders. I hate Ottawa and Washington. Because they’re consistently dirty teams. The Isles and Devils are just... opponents

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Says something that 49 shots against the Devils barely registers. This team doesn't defense.

Because the Devils were just firing everything from terrible angles all night. I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish, but outside of the 1st goal, they really didn't generate too many chances.

Attachments

• shotLoc-2019020682-N.J-EV.png
    shotLoc-2019020682-N.J-EV.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 4

Governor

Nov 8, 2019
Who should play Saturday? I think they should keep playing Igor if they want to really make that push for the playoffs, but I don't think the NYR should alienate Georgie or Hank by riding the rookie too much.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Who should play Saturday? I think they should keep playing Igor if they want to really make that push for the playoffs, but I don't think the NYR should alienate Georgie or Hank by riding the rookie too much.

They should keep playing Igor until his rookie Goldberg-like streak ends.

I'm just waiting for a "Georgiev asks for trade" announcement any day now.

Reactions: mrmovies779

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC

considering this team needs to start going on some runs you have to play the hot goaltender. We’ve made some mistakes by winning games and then not starting the winning goalie. I mean georgiev sat after a shut out a few weeks ago and sure enough we lost the next game hank wasn’t sharp.

gotta play this kid this can be a message sending game if they can win a third straight and it’s against the Cup winners

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Defenseman hat tricks are about as rare as it gets

amazing game from Tony D. Has to be among the best point scoring single game performances by a defenseman over the last 20 years.
Watched the Devils broadcast and firstly I enjoyed listening, very little Rangers bashing, good analysis (except for Salvadore in between the benches- dude rambles on and says nothing). They weren't pumped for the Rangers but thats cool and expected.

Anyway, they were going over stats of 'when the last time a defenseman did what Tony did' to the Devils, and for the Rangers in general, it was pretty cool. Some old nice Ranger blasts from the past got mentioned, Leetch (of course), Ratelle, Park, it was pretty cool of the Devils broadcast. I would have thought Sam and Joe would have gone through it ad nauseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad