Post-Game Talk: devils @ RANGERS - 1/9/20

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The torch was meant to be passed to Smith all along...

Smith rn...
tumblr_d2f083d0af502e42c42c36e2f803f78e_805e0d66_640.gif

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have to say: that Devils team is dreadful. I get that Hughes is out, but boy that team looks bad. I mean, what do they do well?
It is rather amazing just how bad they are. And the trade for Subban looks awful. Simmer's signing does not look great either.

Just cautionary tales of how rebuilds can go wrong. Just look at Detroit. Great young players. Staring at 3rd year out of the playoffs and being the worst team in the NHL in a long, long time.

Reactions: leetch99

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Am I the only Rangers fan with zero hatred for the Devils and Islanders. I hate Ottawa and Washington. Because they’re consistently dirty teams. The Isles and Devils are just... opponents
Probably depends on your age. I detest the Isles. No matter how bad they were, I still hated them. I dislike the Devils, but actually not at a level at which I detest the Flyers.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Probably depends on your age. I detest the Isles. No matter how bad they were, I still hated them. I dislike the Devils, but actually not at a level at which I detest the Flyers.

I neither care how irrational the feeling is, nor do I care how "woke" society ever becomes, but I will never support the f***ing Islanders ever.

To this day, when I even see someone wearing Islander merchandise, I already don't think well of them.

Uncle Dru

Formerly Kakk Addict
Mar 12, 2012
That is quite a bit of different than making a statement that that has always been the case.

Yea...wasn't meant to be taken so literally. No team in professional sports will suck for the entirety of their existence

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yea...wasn't meant to be taken so literally. No team in professional sports will suck for the entirety of their existence
Some are closer than others. The Devils years of being a powerhouse are not that far back in history. It's not like they are the Cleveland Browns.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
This. Exactly
I agree with all except the Flyers' hate. I have a few Flyers friends and we talk hockey and get along. Plus, I've always had a lot of respect for Bobby Clarke. Plus, their fans are pretty diehard like we are, not bandwaggoners.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I agree with all except the Flyers' hate. I have a few Flyers friends and we talk hockey and get along. Plus, I've always had a lot of respect for Bobby Clarke. Plus, their fans are pretty diehard like we are, not bandwaggoners.
This does not have much to do with their fans, but players that put the jersey on. Dave Brown, Tim Kerr, Rinaldo, Clarke, whomever. The second someone put that orange on, they became an instant douche.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
May as well throw in the Caps and Penguins too...I feel the same on about them all . Caps probably more than anyone after watching Ovie run Staal and Girardi every single game the last few years without retaliation . I guess Habs could be included too....for some reason as a Ranger fan I have a lot of built up hate LOL......

Reactions: ncmike

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
There are certain games people will always remember. This game vs the Devs will be one of them. Not just for Tony D. I felt like a corner was turned.
I had equally good vibes about this game. Sure, they didn't play great D, and allowed 40+ shots on net, but Shesty stood tall. It was a good test for him.

The Devils didn't play well, but they had plenty of net front presence, and threw a lot of pucks at net, making it as difficult as they could for the rookie.

Surprising Tony D never had a hat trick before. Not even in juniors. Leetch was the last Rangers D-man to score a hat trick in the 95 playoffs. Leetch never had a hat trick during the regular season.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
This does not have much to do with their fans, but players that put the jersey on. Dave Brown, Tim Kerr, Rinaldo, Clarke, whomever. The second someone put that orange on, they became an instant *****e.
Hospodar....and it is really surprising how many guys played with both Rangers and Flyers...especially tough guys . That might involve a whole separate post. There was a whack of them in the 80's.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad