Post-Game Talk: devils @ RANGERS - 1/9/20

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Was over on the devils board and they were complaining about the number of shots and was it an actual count or were they padding the number to make Shestyorkin look better. unreal.
The only thing better tonight is if Rykov would have played in place of Lindgren and put up a few points. They could sure use a LHD ;)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The Devils had all those shots and a lot of them were low percentage shots. Misleading to say the least. We were basically 50/50 in xGF. Never felt like a ton of high danger chances.

Shesty is so calm that some of those high quality shots don't feel like it.

TDA was fantastic tonight. Slapper to Kreider was unreal. Perfect execution on a set play.

Kreider was great too. Did all the things he is capable of. Speed, screening, and cashed in on his breakaway.

Panarin is the best player we've had in forever. Jagr like dominance.

The bottom of the lineup was very meh and we'll need to improve that if this team wants to contend. Feel like it'll happen over time with development and signing guys when we have some more cap available.

Fast does everything right. Such an underrated player.

Mika is Mika. Another strong game.

Buch is so unlucky, even when he plays well. Hopefully he'll go on a streak soon. Feel like he's due.

That video of Hank showing Shesterkin what to do with the hat warms the soul. Gonna miss him when he is done.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The Devils had all those shots and a lot of them were low percentage shots. Misleading to say the least. We were basically 50/50 in xGF. Never felt like a ton of high danger chances.

TDA was fantastic tonight. Slapper to Kreider was unreal. Perfect execution on a set play.

Kreider was great too. Did all the things he is capable of. Speed, screening, and cashed in on his breakaway.

The bottom of the lineup was very meh and we'll need to improve that if this team wants to contend. Feel like it'll happen over time with development and signing guys when we have some more cap available.

Buch is so unlucky, even when he plays well. Hopefully he'll go on a streak soon. Feel like he's due.

That video of Hank showing Shesterkin what to do with the hat warms the soul. Gonna miss him when he is done.

If the King weren't there for that photo-op to show Igor how to put on a hat, he would have placed the hat on his bum-bum.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

He will be missed. we take for granted a lot of the dirty board work he does. Takes a beating sometimes and gets right back up. Not many guys like doing the stuff he does every night.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
I was thoroughly entertained so f*** it and the 40 something shots...

D'Angelo
giphy.gif

D'Angeno
giphy.gif

Panarin with the lazoooor and being like "My eye hand coordination will keep you from the Rangers record books ADA"
giphy.gif

Finally...what does Pinky think of the three stars?
giphy.gif

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Yeah I feel like I'm tripping or something, it's objectively not a good season but so much of it has felt amazing. It's like when I was tripping and grabbed the "fuzzy" cactus and I ****ed my hand up good but it was "fuzzy" and I loved it.

why watch rangers hockey when you can simply snort cocaine and ride a motorcycle out of a helicopter

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
This has been a fun season. I'm not overly concerned with wins and losses. Going into the season I just wanted a team that could score some f***ing goals and entertain me, and they've done a great job of it. Now its up to Grots to make the right decisions with our free agents and I'll really feel good about the future.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Who else enjoyed the luxury of having the lottery jackpot figures displayed in rich, vibrant multi-color digital panels on 4 sections of the glass during the broadcast? Because if there's one thing I've always hated about watching hockey games, it's not knowing the most up to date lottery jackpot information while I'm trying to watch the game...

Reactions: NCRanger

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Who else enjoyed the luxury of having the lottery jackpot figures displayed in rich, vibrant multi-color digital panels on 4 sections of the glass during the broadcast? Because if there's one thing I've always hated about watching hockey games, it's not knowing the most up to date lottery jackpot information while I'm trying to watch the game...

Didnt notice, was watching the game ;)

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
My gosh are the Devils bad and the difference in the game was the Rangers talent— certainly not their execution.

49 shots against in a game...rinse and repeat, game after game— third period was horrific on defense. This is not a sustainable way to win in the NHL.

I’m thrilled they got the win but this team better figure out how to defend and hold leads the right way.

Reactions: mrhockey193195
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad