GDT: Devils @ Maple Leafs, 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wasn't Yann Danis in for the last game?

God he was such a bad goalie and just horrific in the SO

That was Scott Clemmensen.

Another bad goalie (outside of 08-09 and 4 FLUKE games in 03-04), who was horrific in the shootout.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Nah. We have some good prospects.

I'd argue that 3 months ago was pretty low. Guys like Kalinin, DSP, Fiddler, etc.

Also Havlat, Ryder, and Mark ****ing Fraser were on the team a couple of years ago. That was terrible.

And the early 80s happened too

I'd still argue Pietila and Coleman are as bad as Kalinin, DSP and Fiddler. They aren't too far off. And then we had Rooney playing here a few weeks back, who is the worst forward this team has seen since Rod Pelley was playing on the back club and the worst player we've iced since Mark Fraser 2 years ago.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
reallllyyyy. losses like this you won't remember in a couple months and it helps our draft pick + Zacha is on a 6 game point streak

This isn't even the season low point.

He HATES the Leafs, as do I.

Losing the season series to them sucks.

I'll accept them making the playoffs if it keeps the Islanders out, but it's looking like the Bruins are doing their annual end of season walk the plank and both just might get in.:cry:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yeah, no way in hell is this the franchise low point. I'm very optimistic given that we're in line for a top 5 pick this year and Zacha looks good, Blandisi looks good, JQ looks good, McLeod had a solid year...AND we have Taylor Hall, a guy we could only dream of having in the past.

Any of the last 3 or so years have been much worse in terms of franchise health. We aren't in great position, but we're better off than we've been.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
reallllyyyy. losses like this you won't remember in a couple months and it helps our draft pick + Zacha is on a 6 game point streak

Oh come on, now is the low point?

This isn't even the season low point.

having to deal with moron leafs fans makes it feel like the low point….really wanted to watch tonight and hope to halt their playoff run….then to see the guys put their tails between their legs when kink got run

embarrassing

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
What a **** poor excuse for a team, coaching staff and ownership. Yeah this is a low point but we have been lower. Now back to baseball. USA USA USA USA USA

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, no way in hell is this the franchise low point. I'm very optimistic given that we're in line for a top 5 pick this year and Zacha looks good, Blandisi looks good, JQ looks good, McLeod had a solid year...AND we have Taylor Hall, a guy we could only dream of having in the past.

Any of the last 3 or so years have been much worse in terms of franchise health. We aren't in great position, but we're better off than we've been.

We also have Cory, but he's punished by Coach Novice for having good games these days.

''Damn you Cory! You're ****** season is making me look bad and has turned the internet hockey community against me! Then you show up against the Rangers and win us a game we're trying to lose?! You wait until March 21st to pull 2 points out of your ass?!''

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Losing sucks but you have to be encouraged by the youngsters. JQ is a fearless shooter, Blandisi has been MUCH better than last season and honestly looks legit, Zacha has been on a torrid pace recently and our prospects look halfway decent for once.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
He HATES the Leafs, as do I.

Losing the season series to them sucks.

I'll accept them making the playoffs if it keeps the Islanders out, but it's looking like the Bruins are doing their annual end of season walk the plank and both just might get in.:cry:

I hate them as well, and have to put up with a lot of their annoying fans on a regular basis, but this isn't the low point of the season. The low point was some time in December/January when the team was sleeping through games and we were getting shelled all the time.:laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Our young forward pool is going to look really good post draft.

And it will give us a few different ways to bolster the defense since we should have extra assets.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
We have been bad for a few years now, but this is the first year in a while where we are finally seeing the future out in the ice and performing.

This beats the years of losing with an old, hopeless team any day. Not to mention knowing we were also stuck with a late round/no pick on top of it (which looks like a bullet dodged because JQ looks legit)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the low point will come on August 23rd, when I see the NHL app send me a notification ''Devils extend head coach John Hynes for 3 years through 2020-2021 season''. Maybe I'll get on here first and see it.

CONFIRMED WITH LINK: Devils extend Hynes 3 more years, through 20-21.

Gross.

I can already feel the chest pains.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
The low point for me is still getting booed off the ice by Rangers fans at the Rock in 2014-15. Our roster was **** at the time as well. Hard to top that.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The low point for me is still getting booed off the ice by Rangers fans at the Rock in 2014-15. Our roster was **** at the time as well. Hard to top that.

That was a no hope looking roster. Zero youth.

Now we got some good young talent with more help on the way and a decent amount of picks banked as well.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Zacha on the PP was really amazing... wish he would be a little more selfish. Don't care about the L, the kids are playing well that's what matters at this point.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If they don't change that goal to Blandisi, we need to bombard the league with Italian curse words!

Maybe it wasn't his though haha.

And Zacha is now at a 30 point pace over 82 games. He was at a 14 point after the first 30-ish games of the season or something.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Wasn't Yann Danis in for the last game?

God he was such a bad goalie and just horrific in the SO
I've seen this written a few times. Why do people consider Danis to have been so bad? He had a 2.05 GAA/0.923 sv% statline in 09/10.

Yeah he was pretty bad in the two games last season but who cares about that team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I've seen this written a few times. Why do people consider Danis to have been so bad? He had a 2.05 GAA/0.923 sv% statline in 09/10.

Yeah he was pretty bad in the two games last season but who cares about that team.

That was an aberration season for him, he overachieved that year.

He also racked up a lot of those saves in garbage time, since half his appearances and games played that year were in relief of Marty. He played 12 games, yet he only started 6 that season.

I don't think that season was indicative to Yann's true level of play. He also benefited from a small sample size of games, which can both inflate and deflate stats at any position.

And I'm not sure what his shootout stats were for that season, but the one shootout that I can remember was actually against the Leafs and he looked like a piece of cardboard in it.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
My biggest wtf of this game was from Deb in the pregame show. After the Tim Horton segment they showed she said

"just a sad irony that a man known for his toughness was taken away all too soon to a tragic car accident"

He was driving drunk in his sports car with no seat belt on, flipped the car a few times and was ejected at some point and ended up over 100 feet away from the car. What a dumb comment by Deb on this one. Doesn't matter how tough you are when you do something as stupid as that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad