GDT: Devils @ Maple Leafs - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
It almost sounds like we are back in another era of interchangeable parts. Each line has a play driver, and we can mix and match the other guys as needed. The only line that always stays together is the BMW line, like it's the new Crash line.

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but it's an exciting concept to me that there's enough speed and skill up and down the forward lines to be able to do that.
Exactly. It's a good thing. They have so many quality forwards that they can just mix and match to get guys going if a game starts slow.

I mean, obviously you don't want Bratt playing third line minutes. But he can elevate a line and be a huge matchup advantage against other teams' bottom-six units and third pairs.

They have a key play-driver on each line. If each of them can carry a line, it gives the Devils insane depth.

Reactions: Oneiro and Saugus

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Now that I'm thinking about tonight's game more... we can't lose. I don't care if they lost 7-0 to Ottawa on Saturday. Please don't lose tonight. The Devils are getting an unbelievable amount of attention... and it would be a loss in Toronto that would cause the entire hockey media to talk about how much we are pretenders and aren't really a good team and are coming back down to Earth. This team cannot let that happen tonight.

Reactions: Killing Joke

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Biggest stage of the year so far at the "Mecca" of the hockey universe. Show em' what you got boys! LGFD!!!

I was once giving a presentation at a conference in Toronto and I made mention of it being the Mecca of the hockey world. Despite the fact that I quipped in my speech itself that I knew I had just offended everyone from Montreal, I still had (jokingly?) angry Quebecois coming up to me afterward disputing it.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
7168qi.jpg

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
PDO is a stats measure of luck - we're flat, so we're not getting lucky with our shots

we're average in the league in shooting %age, so we're not unsustainable. The reason we do so well? we shoot a shitton, and prevent super dangerous high scoring chances
So just think how much better they will be with some good luck!

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad