GDT: Devils @ Maple Leafs - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
He got a rumor wrong and we made fun of him, no one actually wanted to fight him.

Weekes does a better job of immediately withdrawing bad rumors and apologizing for them. The dude you’re white knighting for no reason did that a month later or whatever.
I am not white knighting for anyone. I just find this weird dislike of the guy odd.

minibrodeur

May 17, 2022
Tatars a versatile player and I love his play so far this year but I do feel like he excels with a specific line type. The Hischier, Zetterlund, Tatar line is a perfect match for him, reminds me of MTL Tatar. Remember how good the Danault, Gallagher, Tatar line was? For lines that played over 230 minutes in the 2020-21 season, the Tatar, Danault, Gallagher line led the NHL with a 70.8 xG%.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Tatar is not an elite hockey player, but he’s a guy who has driven play while being able to be shuffled up and down the lineup. Lot of value in that flexibility.

I’d have him back for the right price, absolutely.

Not going to lie, I find myself thinking back to a poster who endlessly railed against anyone who they saw as initially liking the Tatar signing or even vaguely defending him. Lots of anti-analytic screeds involved too. (“Benched during the playoffs by two different teams!”)

It was a lot more than just being frustrated at times with his lack of production and calling him useless.

The one I’m thinking of posted an ass ton under a couple of names and doesn’t seem to be around anymore.

It’s fun to realize they jubilantly dunked at length on fellow posters for basically describing Tatar as the player he is this season. And they would not shut up about it.

I guess Tatar is good enough for a top 6 role on a good team, who knew? (Well, not that poster.)

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Today has been glorious. Living in Ontario...I naturally know quite a few Leafs fans. For years I've been bombarded with how the Devils were a doormat all other teams wiped their skates on, and Toronto... was THE Team.

I've never had so much pleasure trolling those peeps!

And, of course, they always resort to, "Yeah, well...we have, like...10 more cups!" The easy follow-up question being: how many have they won since New Jersey first got a team?!!

:hit:
Or "Were you even born when they last won?":laugh:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not going to lie, I find myself thinking back to a poster who endlessly railed against anyone who they saw as initially liking the Tatar signing or even vaguely defending him. Lots of anti-analytic screeds involved too. (“Benched during the playoffs by two different teams!”)

It was a lot more than just being frustrated at times with his lack of production and calling him useless.

The one I’m thinking of posted an ass ton under a couple of names and doesn’t seem to be around anymore.

It’s fun to realize they jubilantly dunked at length on fellow posters for basically describing Tatar as the player he is this season. And they would not shut up about it.

I guess Tatar is good enough for a top 6 role on a good team, who knew? (Well, not that poster.)
I don’t exactly remember the Tatar rants (vaguely I do), but I think it was maybe the same guy who thought we needed to sign guys like Barclay Goodrow and how he was paramount to the Rangers success last season, and that Zach Hyman was really the key to Edmonton’s improvement.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Sorry. That's a negative. What is the username you're referring? You're talking about the RangerDoggo person I keep seeing mentioned..??

If you are RangerDoggo you would definitely be putting a lot of work into this alt because he lives in Brooklyn and you’re in Canada.

Not going to lie, I love the idea of him pretending to be Canadian with a new handle though.

I’m not questioning your Canadian-ness, you don’t have to tell me your favorite brand of bagged milk or who won the 2016 Grey Cup.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I’m sure it’s true for opposing fans too, but just seeing Nico do “wow” stuff on a nightly basis now is what really made me think this team is different. We knew Jack could pull stuff like that, but having Nico too flashing that and having those guys out there for half the game…we are tough to handle.

I would’ve been happy with Nico just being a solid, unsexy center to pair with Jack, but the dude looks like a star himself.
before the season i was convinced, jack hughes is untouchable for any trade offers. now i would rank hischier (and might even siegs and marino) in the same category. bang for the buck is already very favorable and all four a young enough for improvements. in jack's case their is still some serious unused potential.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Slew Footed by Holik

Nov 5, 2022
Perth, ON
If you are RangerDoggo you would definitely be putting a lot of work into this alt because he lives in Brooklyn and you’re in Canada.

Not going to lie, I love the idea of him pretending to be Canadian with a new handle though.

I’m not questioning your Canadian-ness, you don’t have to tell me your favorite brand of bagged milk or who won the 2016 Grey Cup.

Never been to Brooklyn (though there is a Brooklin near where I grew up)! Rochester is as close as I've gotten...and that hasn't been since the 80s. And the only milk I drink comes in a can... evaporated! As far as the Grey Cup goes...I don't even know anyone that watches or follows the CFL. It's not overly popular. The league is so "creative" we had two teams with the same name (Ottawa/Saskatchewan Roughriders) and there was less than a dozen teams at the time.

But I should probably just say I ride moose across the frozen tundra, in a Yukon hat and snowshoes while listening to the Barenaked Ladies/Tragically Hip, taking hits from my flask full of dark maple syrup!!

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Never been to Brooklyn (though there is a Brooklin near where I grew up)! Rochester is as close as I've gotten...and that hasn't been since the 80s. And the only milk I drink comes in a can... evaporated! As far as the Grey Cup goes...I don't even know anyone that watches or follows the CFL. It's not overly popular. The league is so "creative" we had two teams with the same name (Ottawa/Saskatchewan Roughriders) and there was less than a dozen teams at the time.

But I should probably just say I ride moose across the frozen tundra, in a Yukon hat and snowshoes while listening to the Barenaked Ladies/Tragically Hip, taking hits from my flask full of dark maple syrup!!
Ha, I originally had favorite Tragically Hip song and replaced it with the Gray Cup because the latter fit the old WW2 movie cliche interrogations about baseball. (I even tried to find a Stalag 17 gif but gave up.) And it’s funnier to me, as an American at least.

I actually love Tragically Hip, they’re one of my favorite bands. I have a lot of faves though. (Barenaked Ladies are not that.)

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I’m sure it’s true for opposing fans too, but just seeing Nico do “wow” stuff on a nightly basis now is what really made me think this team is different. We knew Jack could pull stuff like that, but having Nico too flashing that and having those guys out there for half the game…we are tough to handle.

I would’ve been happy with Nico just being a solid, unsexy center to pair with Jack, but the dude looks like a star himself.

I will always have fond memories of some pretty recent proposals though…

Nico for Laine
Nico for Miller/Garland

192BF7E1-7417-49F8-BC4D-6A2FD5C83FF5.gif

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Today has been glorious. Living in Ontario...I naturally know quite a few Leafs fans. For years I've been bombarded with how the Devils were a doormat all other teams wiped their skates on, and Toronto... was THE Team.

I've never had so much pleasure trolling those peeps!

And, of course, they always resort to, "Yeah, well...we have, like...10 more cups!" The easy follow-up question being: how many have they won since New Jersey first got a team?!!

:hit:
Ask them how many of the cups do they remember?

Slew Footed by Holik

Nov 5, 2022
Perth, ON
The Hip is THE band up here...at least from my generation. "Fifty Mission Cap" is one of my fave songs despite me not caring much for the Leafs. But with most things I usually prefer American alternatives: Devils, Padres, Soundgarden, Faith No More.

We do churn out a lot of comedians and off the wall shows (Letterkenny, Trailer Park Boys, Kids in the Hall), though, not to the extent we spit out hockey players and ketchup chips

Attachments

• 4397696d083e3bdabe64ed998076a813.jpg
    4397696d083e3bdabe64ed998076a813.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00